Ratings for Dr. Jonathan L. White

I have been seeing Dr. White for many years (since after he took over from my doc, who retired). He's very competent and easy to talk to. He provides explanations to all of my questions. He is very friendly.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014

Visited Dr. White as he was recommended to me. I had an hour long wait. I felt my visit was rushed and am unsure if I would like to go back to him. I visited him only once, maybe further visits might give a better impression. He was courteous and clear in his conversation, but was very short in his speech. He provided clear answers to my questions and seemed to know what he is talking about. I guess my main gripe is the feeling that I was rushed.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

Office is usually running behind. Each meeting felt very rushed. Always felt like I did not get all of my questions answered. No discussions of root cause or prevention ever, made me feel like I was getting milked with every kidney stone. I had to ask about prevention, 24 hr urinalysis, diet changes, still no answers about prevention.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2011

I was told he was good, but had lousy bed side manners. He actually looked at me and said, "I'd hate to be you". Nice guy. The above comments are true and correct. I will leave him as of now. He was semi helpful, but I think i can find a total good package. Bye, have a good life.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2010

Dr. White may be very knowledgeable, but I can't really pass judgement on that. Maybe yes, and maybe no. He has the personality of a watermellon. He is very brief and non discript in his explanations. He is fairly condesending in his nature. I was told he had no personality and people skills prior to going to him, but was looking for a good urologist. I'm starting to think he ius not such a good urologist. I have had elevated numbers on several uranalysis reports and he seems to dismiss them as bad smaples. He doesn't give me any good explanations for my cloudy urine. His answers are very short and I must pry to get information from him. Then the answers are very nebulous. I guess it's great if a medivcation he prescibes helps BPH but maybe if it is ut of the ordinary, he just doesn't know. He was forgetful in mailing me some documents I needed that he suggested. I'll be leaving this practice after my next appointment. I wonder if his partners are any better.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2009

Every rating service I have seen rates Dr. White highly; he is regularly listed in Washingtonian Magazine's Best Doctors issue. So I had high hopes when I went to see him about some long-standing urological issues that another doctor had not been able to solve. I have no doubt but what Dr. White is an excellent physician. BUT - I have decided to leave him after a couple of years because he treats me (and, I assume, other patients as well) with distain. Every time I saw him, I felt as if I was simply the latest slab of male meat to pass by the ****'s table - no friendliness, no reassuring 'small talk' (important when someone is dealing with your pink parts!) - and, worst of all, any question I asked him was answered in as brief a fashion as possible, at a level suitable for a 9 year old, not an adult. I had to push him with repeated questions to get him close to satisfying my inquiries. His office staff were also repeatedly rude - short, inattentive, robotic, made errors.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2009

Dr. Jonathan L. White's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1987)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Rockville, MD