Ratings for Dr. Karen T. Look Kin

I was so fortunate Dr. Look Kin was taking new patients when I needed a GP. She has been absolutely thorough, compassionate and skilled. Anyone would be very well served to have her as their Dr.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

I am shocked to see some of the comments below regarding Dr Look Kin. I've been going to her for 10 years and have always found her to be very helpful and diligent in ensuring all bases are covered if I have a concern and for overall general checkups. Sure, she sends people for tests, but I'd much rather that, than her tell me I have nothing to worry about and have it turn out to be something to be concerned about. I've found her manner to be very professional and thorough. She may not always seem like she's listening, but she is. She is rushed, but that's because I believe she is spread thin with the number of patients needing to see her. Overall, I've always found her to be sincere, pleasant and thorough.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

I am extremely disappointed with Dr. Look Kin for many reasons. First of all, she sent me for a breast ultrasound because of a lump she had found on exam. The ultrasound was normal yet she requested serial ultrasounds every 6 months as she had stated my mother had passed away from breast cancer. This was infact FALSE. There has been no breast cancer in my family. The fact that she did not review my chart prior to calling me urgently for follow up was concering. Also, her clerical had verified I was due for my annual pap. The appointment was booked. When I showed up, she was 30 minutes late for my appointment and when she came into the room she reviewed my chart and said that there was a mistake and I was not due for another week. She refused to do my pap unless I paid for it eventhough it was her staff who confirmed the date! When I asked what the price was, she said she didn't know and I'd have to wait for the bill to come from the billing department. She is extremely rude and defensive not to mention unprofessional.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

Glad the previous reviewer likes Dr. Look Kin but the reviewer admitted she has (gratefully) no persistent undiagnosed disease. Any doctor can treat a simple cold and conduct an annual physical - and in those cases, I admit Dr. Look Kin's lack of bedside manners and diagnostic skills would not be obvious. No one can fault Dr. Look Kin for her note taking skills - she might have even got 100% in her written exams in medical school. The real test, however, is when you suffer from a chronic illness. Dr. Look Kin can keep notes the length of a novel and send you to 5 specialists, but she doesn't know how to diagnose or develop a treatment plan. When one (or one's child or close family member) suffers from a chronic illness, believe me, one would not be as charitable when the doctor does not make eye contact, let alone examine the problem area carefully (be it one's knee or a mole on the chest), but instead, looks straight at her computer and asks you to slow down so she can finish typing. It's almost like the note taking becomes an end in itself, and the diagnosis and treatment become secondary. One time she did a test, and asked me to call her back in a week to remind her to review my test result (I am not making this up)! So in response to the last reviewer, I believe Dr. Look Kin is totally capable of treating minor ailments and doing annual physicals, but then, I believe a qualified RN can do the same. But god forbid you or someone you love have a chronic condition or serious illness, that's the real test and I'll let the rest of the negative reviews speak for themselves.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

WOW. I've been seeing Dr. Look Kin for 3 years. She's been nothing but lovely to me over that time... and I mean genuinely lovely. I don't have a persistent undiagnosed disease, but I've never felt that she was flip about my health or the health of my son... In fact, what I like most about her is that she's careful and covers all the bases all the time. Whenever I've called for my toddler, the office has always made time to see us immediately. She does keep very precise notes (which some might call staring at the computer) and I appreciate that as I don't always remember every little detail of a non emergency medical event from 6 months ago. It really pains me to see when people are so bloody critical about someone who's very clearly invested so much time to do what they do. I don't believe this is the case about Dr. Look Kin, but in general, I try not to judge the social skills of doctors because when I was in school honing mine, they were studying medicine.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Agree with what everyone is saying. I left because she wasn't taking my issues seriously. Had to go for over a year regarding one issue before she would take it seriously. Stares at computer and types instead of looking at you which is very off-putting.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

She is the worst doctor ever. She has not made proper diagnoses on a couple of my chronic/recurring health issues. One time she sent me for three ultrasounds within 2 months for the same issue, which all came back with the same results (surprise surprise). But she did not know how to interpret the results. She does not listen. She does not make eye contact. The fact that all the patients' charts have been uploaded on the computer made her previously poor bedside manner even worse (if that's even possible). She would walk into the room, go straight to the computer, ask you questions monotonously (without even looking at you), and continue to only look at the computer screen and type. She is more concerned about making notes on the computer than examining patients. Once I started telling her my symptoms and she asked me to stop because she could not type fast enough! She is the worst doctor I have ever had in my life, including doctors in walk-in clinics.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2014

She is always running late, rude, defensive, has poor listening skills, talks down to patients, and has mis-prescribed medication. No wonder she is still accepting new patients. She obviously became a doctor to make money rather than to help people. If you have a choice, do NOT go see her.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2012

Dr.Look Kin is highly unprofessional, always late, and has little to no knowledge of what she is talking about. She is very nervous and will not listen to what you have to say. She always sends you to have unnecessary blood work and tests, or just refers you to another doctor because she doesn't know what to do. I am can honestly say I have no idea how she became a doctor. I am sure she is a nice person, but she shouldn't in a position where people are rely on her to make decision regarding their health. I would strongly suggest that if you are considering her as a family doctor you look elsewhere. I am not sure how long she has been practicing but I am very surprised that someone hasn't investigated her to this point.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2012

Dr Look Kin seems rushed, seems nervous and is hesitant to make any medical reccomendations herself. Not professional at all. If you are looking for a new doctor look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2012