Ratings for Dr. Sukumar P. Desai

I had the misfortune of having Dr. Sukumar Desai as my anesthesiologist during a routine D&C at Brigham & Women last July. I was told I was to have IV valium during the procedure, and 10 minutes before the proceduce Dr. Desai, told me I was too fat (I weigh 170 lbs) and that I had to be interbatted and have general anesthesia. I have fibromyalgia and the force of the respirator during the procedure cause severe muscle pain that sent me to the emergency room the next day with chest pains. In addition I have a tiny larynx and the tube he used caused throat pain for two weeks. I filed complaints with Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston and Dr. Desai, has never responded to my request for a discussion. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR. He is insensitive and only cares about what is easy for him and cares nothing for the patient.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2009

Dr. Sukumar P. Desai's Credentials

• All India Inst Of Med Sci, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi, India (Grad. 1977)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal