Ratings for Dr. Susan E. Bienert

I have been a patient of another doctor in her practice for over 10 years, but have seen Dr. Bienert several times when my doctor has been away. Each time I found her to be punctual. professional, attentive to my concerns, thorough, and clear when explaining the diagnosis and treatment. Just last evening my wife (a regular patient of Dr. Bienert's) and I attended a patient appreciation reception her practice held, which was a wonderful opportunity to get to know the practice's doctors and staff on a more personal level. That's something I had never experienced before from a doctor. The negative reviews here for Dr. Bienert are a complete puzzle to me. For the record, it's my understanding that by joining MDVIP doctors have more time to see each patient and it's easier to get an appointment quickly. I have always assumed that the fee primarily covers the very extensive annual exam that is provided to patients, plus the fee the doctor must pay to be part of the MDVIP network. So the comment suggesting Dr. Bienert is primarily in it for the money seem ridiculous to me.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

Doctor is very good and helpful. I don't agree with bad comments here

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

I saw Dr. Bienert for over 10 yrs. she was fine to go to when I had no real medical issue. I actually preferred to see her PA's as I felt they listened more and were more attentive. In the last few years as she was building her base to join Mdvip...she was always late, sometimes 45minutes to an hour with no apology. Her move to MDVIP was the push I needed to find another Doctor...it's not that I couldn't afford the fee, I just didn't feel the quality of care was with the added expense especially when there are many good doctors in the area who are not in it just for the money. I'm happy with the new doctor I have found....very attentive, personal and actually makes her own phone calls with test results.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

I had Dr. Susan E. Bienert as my family Doctor for several years. I felt that she was bright and helpful. Then one day I went into to an appointment and Dr. Pettit saw me instead. I wasn't told Id see him beforehand. I thought this was odd. When leaving the clinic I was speaking to the LPN about it and Dr. Bienert writing out something with her back to, I would think that she heard me...Oh well. The three months ago I got letter from Pettit telling me as MY DOCTOR that he wanted me to join MDVIP for almost 2K a year. I'm like what? When did I get notice that he was now my doctor prior to the mailer? I think this MDVIP thing is a disgrace to the medical practice. I can afford the 2K buts about a principal to me, they can keep it and the rude moving of patients amongst themselves.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

Dr. Bienert is very bright and knowledgeable. Her diagnoses are usually spot on. She is very professional. She and the staff don't always follow-up; e.g., you have to call to find out about a test result (2 weeks later). I am also disappointed and sad that she and her practice have joined MDVIP, which requires an additional (hefty) annual fee per person to access her care. This effectively prices out the less well off patients. They are selecting fewer patients as a result. This is their prerogative, of course, as a for-profit entity. But it does raise concerns about the future of our health care system -- the tradeoff between public service and business interests.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2014

This woman is the coldest most condescending woman I have ever met. She not only didn't know what she was talking about, she spoke in a very curt and rude manner. She seems to have a disdain for other women. She acts like she is some type of god because she was somehow able to get through medical school. I also saw Dr. Petit in this practice twice and he's as bad as her. I would strongly recommend against seeing anyone in this practice. It is a complete waste of time. The support staff are just as horrible as the doctors and the PA in the practice. This group gives the medical practice a very bad name and they're obviously all in this for all the wrong reasons. Horrific experiences here.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

Dr Bienert seems to select which patients will be important to her. I'm an african american woman with pre-meno conditions and many many questions. Dr Bienert was not only cold but she did not personally follow up with me and my concerns since the initial visit. I met her on October 3rd and haven't spoken with her since; her assistant has called me. This is truly the worst experience I've ever had with a woman physician. I would never recommend the Franconia Medical Center to any of my friends simply because Dr Bienert represents this medical office. I work in the federal government where folks are always requesting referral medical information. It's such a shame and a waste of time, everyone's time.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2012

On my first visit, the nurse said I was lucky to have her as a doctor because she is very good. I agree. Seems very smart; not warm and fuzzy but I don't need that in a doctor.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. B's for 10 years. I have recommended several friends to her as well. Great Doctor in NVa

flag | Submitted July 11, 2011

She has a very brusque manner and gave me inaccurate information. Like many women, I have not had a mammogram in a while. When I asked if any of the radiologoy clinics on the list gave same day results, she told me that no one could provide that. Huh? My mother received same day results. She then said, well you haven't had a mammogram in over 3 years, what's the rush now? Needless to say, I was speechless and have not returned. I will be selecting another primary care physician. In addition, during the entire 15 minute visit, she appeared distracted and disinterested.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2011

Dr. Susan E. Bienert's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)