Ratings for Dr. Carpenter

Very poor communication between dr. and patient.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2007

I found Dr. Carpenter to have a good bedside manner and was pleased that he took the time to explain the procedure. But after the procedure, he never came and explained what was the problem. I waited in the hospital for two extra days because he did not come and discharge me. I have heard both good and bad about him, I would not opt to have him as a surgeon in the future.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2007

Very smart fellow. He was able to talk to my grandfather at a level he could understand, as well as a more medical level for my RN sister and mother. He was an interesting man who knew a broad range of topics and we quite enjoyed him. We had to wait in the Emergency dept for a bit because he was in the operating room with another patient. What was special was Dr. C treated my grandpa like an old friend rather than as the patient in room 312. Dr. C could have been a plastic surgeon (granpa's got only a faint scar!!)

flag | Submitted May 16, 2007

Doesnt arrive when paged. Very arrogant, tries to tell ppl how to do things. Have heard many horror stories as well as seen them as I work at BGH. Needs to go back to school. I call this doc doctor Nick off of the Simpsons.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2007