Ratings for Dr. Jeff Charendoff

shameful to make a patient wait as long as they do....3+hours in a packed waiting room...actually lined up out the door....save your time and go elsewhere!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

I had a urethra dilation that was unexpected and a complication of a missed ongoing UTI by my family doctor. Dr Charendoff was polite, informative and available to schedule an emergency follow up despite his busy schedule. Although a complete genius, he is humble and makes you feel validated. I live 1.5 hours north of his office but travel the distance knowing my care is best served with his expertise and his compassion. For a great urologist look no further.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

Recently went in for a stricture procedure. Dr. Charendoff was very informative, procedure went well. Easy to talk to, answers your questions. Looking forward to my follow up.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

Great doctor my son had an undescended ball and he repaired it and all went well

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

Dr. Charendoff is compassionate, patient and simply wonderful.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

You may have to wait a bit to see Dr. Charendoff but he never rushes you out of your appointment. Dr. Charendoff listens to his patients. He doesn't take an omnipotent attitude. He wants to find the solution that is right for you. He is not a 'one cure-fits-all' doctor. He is kind, open and accepting of his patients. If you are green and have three heads he will still treat you with respect. You are the focus when you are in his office. Dr. Charendoff doesn't do surgery as a first option. Some doctors push for surgery from the very first meeting. Dr. Charendoff will listen to your suggestions for alternative or herbal therapy and research them for your next visit if he is not familiar with them so he can best advise you. He is willing to try different medications to find the best fit for you. He becomes familiar with very minute peculiarities of your condition and checks them for change on subsequent examinations. Unfortunately, Dr. Charendoff was hospitalized when I had a combination cardiac and urinary crisis. The urinary problem was not properly addressed at my local hospital and I was ignored by urology staff. I became seriously infected. I discharged myself and escaped the pressure to submit to surgery and found a pre-eminent urologist who was of the same mind as Dr. Charendoff . We proceeded with medication and intermittent catherization, saving surgery as a last resort. It took time but I recovered fully. I am functioning just fine and I still have all my pertinent parts. I owe my present state of good health to my Cardiologist and Nephrologist in Oakville, to my Trillium Cardiac Cath. Lab Surgeon, to my Urologist at Credit Valley and to years of previous urological care from Dr. Charendoff. He is a real 'mensch.' I respect him immensely.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2014

Long story short...I had two surgical procedures done...no follow up..both ended in visits to emergence room. He offered no information about procedures or possible side effects. In the end I got a second opinion and learned that both procedures where completely useless because I didn't have the anatomical ability to have children...he may have found that out had he performed a routine exam of me. He didn't and as a result I went through extreme pain, discomfort, fear and lost work for recovery time. It was a terrible experience and he should be reprimanded

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

Best Urologist in the country. Amazing bedside manner and amazing talents and abilities. Lovely smile always and a friendly handshake...more importantly cured me of a longtime affliction that no one else had been able to diagnose and treat, And now I am a happy and satisfied customer. Best doctor I have ever had the priveledge to know

flag | Submitted October 4, 2013

Dr. Charendoff is a caring, compassionate Doctor. He listens and helps in whatever way he can. When you talk to him, he gives you 100% of his attention.He has been a lifeline for my dad in very many ways.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2012

Don't go to this doctor. He is nice but his knowledge is limited and he tries to do something for surgery which he cannot do and fails. Before he does surgery he does not analyze the situation carefully during checkup and ends up screwing up later on. This results in unprepared situations and can put the patient's health and comfort at risk during surgery. His staff is overworked from too many patients that they have no positive attitude towards patients. He also goes on holiday too much, giving me the impression that he does not care about his patients. In short, he is quite unprofessional.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2012