Ratings for Dr. Jeff Charendoff

EXTREMELY RUDE! WORST DOCTOR AND CLINIC I'VE BEEN AT

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

I gave one star because I did not have the option to select zero. Don’t make the Dr sweet demeanour of apologizing for the long wait fool you. Anyone who runs their office with intentionally overbooking making you ALWAYS wait 3 hours to be seen can not be trusted with your health. His staff is rude too and when you ask about the wait, failed paperwork or lack of follow through, they then talk about you and oops they forget to call you because they misplaced your file. I had a serious urology setback because I was neglected by Dr Charendoff and ended up at the hospital for treatment. They told me to never go back to Dr Charendoff because he did unnecessary urethra dilutions that left me worse off and were not needed. There are better doctors that care and are not hacks.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2017

Dr's who make you wait 3 hours for an appointment should not be glorified. See it for what it is, a money grab. His staff is rude, condescending, unprofessional, disorganized and lie to cover up their failures that cost patients recovery. Dr charendoff dismisses staff complaints, doesn't care to correct overbooking, he is not helpful to answer your concerns saying "leave it with me" but then does not follow through, does not bother to check urine results or have the staff call you with results, does discuss your condition or follow up because he never has time and he doesn't do anything in his office but talk to you while he stands and types so what takes him so long. For serious painful ongoing bladder concerns I feel he doesn't care it is about his patients. I even asked to be referred for a second opinion but it has been years and never addressed again. Anyone know a better urologist?

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Never an timely appointment. Staff are rude and rush you out after having spent all morning there and missing a full day of work. He may be knowledgeable, but the entire disregard for patient time and follow up for their concerns shows he is only in it for the money. better scheduled appointments would result in better patient care and outcome for us. Even just the stress to wait that long causes bladder irritations. If you actually have the courage to use their bathroom the secretaries give you dirty looks to imply go elsewhere. If you make us wait that long your lucky we don't go on your waiting room floor.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

shameful to make a patient wait as long as they do....3+hours in a packed waiting room...actually lined up out the door....save your time and go elsewhere!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

I had a urethra dilation that was unexpected and a complication of a missed ongoing UTI by my family doctor. Dr Charendoff was polite, informative and available to schedule an emergency follow up despite his busy schedule. Although a complete genius, he is humble and makes you feel validated. I live 1.5 hours north of his office but travel the distance knowing my care is best served with his expertise and his compassion. For a great urologist look no further.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

Recently went in for a stricture procedure. Dr. Charendoff was very informative, procedure went well. Easy to talk to, answers your questions. Looking forward to my follow up.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

Great doctor my son had an undescended ball and he repaired it and all went well

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

Dr. Charendoff is compassionate, patient and simply wonderful.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

You may have to wait a bit to see Dr. Charendoff but he never rushes you out of your appointment. Dr. Charendoff listens to his patients. He doesn't take an omnipotent attitude. He wants to find the solution that is right for you. He is not a 'one cure-fits-all' doctor. He is kind, open and accepting of his patients. If you are green and have three heads he will still treat you with respect. You are the focus when you are in his office. Dr. Charendoff doesn't do surgery as a first option. Some doctors push for surgery from the very first meeting. Dr. Charendoff will listen to your suggestions for alternative or herbal therapy and research them for your next visit if he is not familiar with them so he can best advise you. He is willing to try different medications to find the best fit for you. He becomes familiar with very minute peculiarities of your condition and checks them for change on subsequent examinations. Unfortunately, Dr. Charendoff was hospitalized when I had a combination cardiac and urinary crisis. The urinary problem was not properly addressed at my local hospital and I was ignored by urology staff. I became seriously infected. I discharged myself and escaped the pressure to submit to surgery and found a pre-eminent urologist who was of the same mind as Dr. Charendoff . We proceeded with medication and intermittent catherization, saving surgery as a last resort. It took time but I recovered fully. I am functioning just fine and I still have all my pertinent parts. I owe my present state of good health to my Cardiologist and Nephrologist in Oakville, to my Trillium Cardiac Cath. Lab Surgeon, to my Urologist at Credit Valley and to years of previous urological care from Dr. Charendoff. He is a real 'mensch.' I respect him immensely.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2014