You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Kirsten Thomas

I have been a patient of Dr.Thomas for years. She has always helped me get through some of the worst injuries I have endured with the appropriate treatments as well as exercises to help me strengthen my body. She has all the knowledge in the world, is always friendly, and has a great personality. I feel as though her treatments are advanced and i don't ever feel uncomfortable with the movements.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Thomas' since 2012 and I have noticed improvement in my back pain. Dr. Thomas is pleasant, very knowledgeable and flexible when it comes to scheduling appointments.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

My wife googled for a chiropractor in Markham and found Dr Kiraten Thomas. My wife went for her first visit (by herself) and would ask me everyday to visit her. I've a dislocated shoulder since May30. Its been 5 months and I still have he pain. I also had severe pain in my right wrist due to nerve pinch. So long story short..my first visit was amazing. Dr Kirsten Thomas is a genuine people's person. She is a very experienced and a very humble in nature. It took only 2 visits and I'm already able to move my arm all the way back 360'. My nerve pain on my right hand(had it for 15-18 years) start to show improvement. I'm a kind of person which has probably never types a review but trust me....Dr Kirsten doesn't just medically sound..she is also a very nice human being ..family oriented...humble in nature...very professional, prompt and a definite 5 * worthy. Don't go with what I say. Come visit her and find it yourself.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Thomas's for 10 years. I saw numerous chiropractors in Markham before I found Dr. Thomas, once I found her I didn't need to look any further. I have had chronic SI joint issues since the birth of my first child and Dr. Thomas has been the only chiropractor to help me get on top of my symptoms with her ART. You will never feel any pressure from Dr. Thomas to buy a series of treatments like some chiropractors I have come across in the past. Dr. Thomas is on top of her game in this industry, with her professional demeanour and continuous professional development. Dr. Thomas's naturally caring, infectious personality and attentive manner is remarkable. She truly has your best interest at heart when it comes to your treatment, so much so that you will never feel rushed in an appointment with Dr. Thomas. She will always take time to assess you properly and make sure you feel comfortable. You will never feel like a number. I have since moved a half hour out of town and I still drive in to exclusively see Dr. Thomas because she is simply just that good!!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

I went to one Chiro who told me I MUST go for numerous treatments for 1.5 years or else I will develop all these other problems/illnesses. This exact same diagnosis was given to everybody in the room. He operated like a production line. What a scam! Thankfully, I found Kirsten here online and let me say she won all those awards for a reason! I had such terrible lower back pain, I struggled to stand up straight and it affected my walking which then affected my knees. Kirsten gave me a thorough evaluation and she found all my weaknesses, she was spot on! She recommended a treatment plan with no pressure, she let me decide the path I'd like to take. In just 2 weeks, I was feeling fantastic. She communicates effectively by phone or email (my preference) which I totally love! She is always on time, I was never left waiting. She takes her time treating you, no rushing. I will continue to see Kirsten for maintenance. Her ART really worked wonders on me. Highly recommend anybody to see Dr. Kirsten Thomas

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Thomas' for over 7 years. She is accommodating, thoughtful, knowledgeable, and very professional. She actively and regularly seeks out opportunities for professional development through numerous courses, and has achieved success both in the "classroom" (evidenced by her credentials and certificates) and in her practice. The office space is always very clean and neat, and I have rarely (if ever) experienced a wait for my scheduled appointment time. I highly recommend Dr. Thomas, and have done so to other friends and family.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

So I've been to other Chiropractors where they either rush you off the table or set a plan for you in the thousands of dollars range. Dr. Kirsten is nothing like this at all! She is very attentive and accommodating. I had terrible lower back pain and within 2-3 weeks of treatment, Dr. Kirsten had me up and about again. The office is a very warm and inviting atmosphere, easy to communicate with be it in person or by email and believe me I've written her novels upon novels! If you're looking for an honest and knowledgeable practitioner then book yourself an appointment asap, I promise you won't be disappointed.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2015

Dr. Thomas is very knowledgeable and thorough in her assessments and treatments. She is always running on time. She is a very caring practitioner! She loves what she does and it comes through in every visit.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

I was so happy to find Dr Thomas 5 years ago after suffering from shoulder malfunction from lugging around my new baby boy! Dr Thomas was able to get my shoulder back to functioning and continued to treat me through the birth of my daughter 3 years ago. Always punctual, very accommodating and friendly, Dr Thomas is a gem!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Kirsten for 7 years now. Prior to Kirsten I was seeing another chiropractor whose office had a very assembly line feel and the Dr. seemed more interested in committing me to a long term treatment pan than helping me with my scoliosis issues. Kirsten does not take that approach at all. She listens to my concerns and customizes my treatments accordingly. I do not feel that I am being quickly processed in order to move on to the next patient. Very happy with my experience and consider Kirsten to be a regular part of my wellness regimen.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

Dr. Kirsten Thomas's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Since opening in balance chiropractic + acupuncture clinic in January 2009, Dr. Thomas is very proud that she has been voted Best Chiropractor in Markham in the Reader's Choice Awards - 5 years in a row for 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014! In 2014, she was also voted Top Chiropractor in the Top Choice Awards. Dr. Thomas greatly appreciates the support she has received from her patients. Dr. Thomas strives to help her patients by completing a very thorough initial assessment, by offering a variety of chiropractic and soft tissue techniques and by providing a personalized exercise rehabilitation program and lifestyle suggestions. She enjoys sharing the benefits of over ten years of ongoing continuing education with her patients. Dr. Thomas first attended the University of Western Ontario graduating in 2000 with an Honours Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology. From there she attended the world renowned Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College in Toronto, Ontario graduating in 2004. Dr. Thomas completed the medical acupuncture program and further advanced courses in functional assessment, advanced needling techniques, acupuncture for headaches, sports injuries, stress related problems and women's health issues at McMaster University. As well, she completed the one year fellowship program and Webster Technique certification from the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association which focuses on chiropractic care for pregnant women and children. She has taken additional courses on pre-natal chiropractic and pediatrics from many notable lecturers. In addition, Dr. Thomas is an Active Release Techniques (ART®) provider certified in Spine, Upper Extremity, Lower Extremity, Nerve Entrapment and Active Palpation protocols. She is also a Certified Golf Fitness Instructor with Titleist Performance Institute to help golfers improve their game by improving their fitness levels. She has attended numerous workshops and seminars on exercise rehabilitation and strongly believes in its importance in helping her patients reach their goals. Dr. Thomas has certifications with Thompson Technique and the Motion Palpation Institute in Spine and Extremity adjusting procedures. Dr. Thomas has completed Level 1 and 2 Cranial Adjusting techniques which is very helpful in the treatment of headaches and concussions. She has completed advanced custom orthotic therapy and condition based orthotic therapy courses with The Orthotic Group. She also is certified as a Personal Trainer Specialist with Can-Fit Pro and as a Level 2 Ski Instructor with the Canadian Ski Instructors Alliance. In 2010, Dr. Thomas completed the animal chiropractic certification program through the Healing Oasis Wellness Centre of Canada/Veterinary Chiropractic Learning Centre in Brantford. This course consisted of 210 hours of supervised instruction in the treatment of canines, felines and equines. She then completed the Advanced Canine Techniques course in 2013. Dr. Thomas is the first certified animal chiropractor practicing in Markham and is a certified member of the College of Animal Chiropractors. Dr. Thomas's passions are fitness, golf, skiing, curling, ballet, reading and her cat Starr. Dr. Thomas and her husband Cameron, welcomed their first baby, Curtis in August 2014.

• University of Western Ontario (Grad. 2000)
  • Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College (Grad. 2004)

• Reader's Choice "Best Chiropractor" 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr.Thomas for years. She has always helped me get through some of the worst injuries I have endured with the appropriate treatments as..."

November 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Thomas' since 2012 and I have noticed improvement in my back pain. Dr. Thomas is pleasant, very knowledgeable and flexible when it..."

October 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My wife googled for a chiropractor in Markham and found Dr Kiraten Thomas. My wife went for her first visit (by herself) and would ask me everyday to visit her...."

October 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Thomas's for 10 years. I saw numerous chiropractors in Markham before I found Dr. Thomas, once I found her I didn't need to look an..."

October 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went to one Chiro who told me I MUST go for numerous treatments for 1.5 years or else I will develop all these other problems/illnesses. This exact same diagn..."

September 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Thomas' for over 7 years. She is accommodating, thoughtful, knowledgeable, and very professional. She actively and regularly seeks ..."

September 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "So I've been to other Chiropractors where they either rush you off the table or set a plan for you in the thousands of dollars range. Dr. Kirsten is nothing li..."

September 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Thomas is very knowledgeable and thorough in her assessments and treatments. She is always running on time. She is a very caring practitioner! She loves ..."

September 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was so happy to find Dr Thomas 5 years ago after suffering from shoulder malfunction from lugging around my new baby boy! Dr Thomas was able to get my shoulde..."

September 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Kirsten for 7 years now. Prior to Kirsten I was seeing another chiropractor whose office had a very assembly line feel and the Dr. seemed..."

September 2, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr. Kirsten Thomas based on Rate MDs high score although I was referred to another Chiropractor but still I decided to go to her as her rating here fo..."

August 18, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Very bad in every sense of the word. Don't bother to go to a Chiropractor to start with. They shouldn't be your easy way out of any issue you are facing. This s..."

August 2, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kirsten Thomas is terrible based on my personal experience with her. She caused me multiple permanent damages to my backbone, neck and sciatic nerve. My adv..."

July 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was in a car accident in 2012. I was aggressively treated by a different chiropractor for 10 months, but my headaches and stiffness did not subside. I decided..."

May 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've had many different chiropractors over the years as I moved but also some just bad experiences. Even one that was too much of a sales person that a doctor...."

May 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was in a car accident in 2012. I was aggressively treated by a different chiropractor for 10 months. My headaches and stiffness did not subside. I decided to ..."

May 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've been going to see Dr Thomas since 2004 and have made many family and friend referrals to her as well. She is excellent at what she does, always on time and..."

May 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kirsten is always great with our beagle and now our chihuahua is in need of treatment and getting benefits from the visits. Very professional and friendly ..."

March 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Thomas for over 10 years. She gets results! I have even had her treat my dog and cat. She is friendly, professional and constantly upg..."

March 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Thomas is very knowledgeable, effective and thorough in her examination, treatment and overall care. I have been a patient of hers for many years, and I wou..."

March 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Thomas for almost 3 years now. She took the time to do a very thorough assessment during my initial appointment. Dr.Thomas has a great p..."

March 13, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "L3P0" to "L6B 1K7". Address has been updated from "None" to "2715 Bur Oak Avenue". Suite has been updated from "None" to "#2".

February 25, 2015
  • Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "905-554-2352".

February 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was seeing Dr. Thomas for prenatal chiropractic care and she was fantastic. After my baby was born, I didn't have the time to see her as often. I still needed..."

February 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Thomas for many years. She is knowledgeable, always updating her skills as a chiropractor. She is also caring and kind with her patients..."

January 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Thomas is an excellent chiropractor I have been seeing her for many years! Her commitment to continuous learning makes her excellent at what she does using ..."

January 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kirsten is awesome. She is very knowledgeable,and very caring - she takes the time to learn more about your condition. She's been treating our whole famil..."

December 17, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Thomas is very knowledgeable and accommodating. She applies a range of techniques and often shares new information from her current professional studies. ..."

December 1, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "terrible service and treatment. the treatments did not help at all! ACtive is where its at"

November 12, 2014