Ratings for Dr. Kirsten Thomas

I saw Dr. Thomas with a quad injury - and she was able to get me back on my feet very quickly. She was also able to fix some other biomechanical issues along the way as well. She is always extremely professional and courteous, and clearly has a great deal of experience and expertise. Add that to an outstanding personal demeanour and you quickly understand why she is rated so very highly!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

Came in at 33 weeks pregnant for an adjustment due to ongoing hip pain She was thorough and I honestly felt 100 times better afterwards

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

On my initial visit, I got to see why she is rated the Best Chiropractor in Markham.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr.Thomas for years. She has always helped me get through some of the worst injuries I have endured with the appropriate treatments as well as exercises to help me strengthen my body. She has all the knowledge in the world, is always friendly, and has a great personality. I feel as though her treatments are advanced and i don't ever feel uncomfortable with the movements.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Thomas' since 2012 and I have noticed improvement in my back pain. Dr. Thomas is pleasant, very knowledgeable and flexible when it comes to scheduling appointments.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

My wife googled for a chiropractor in Markham and found Dr Kiraten Thomas. My wife went for her first visit (by herself) and would ask me everyday to visit her. I've a dislocated shoulder since May30. Its been 5 months and I still have he pain. I also had severe pain in my right wrist due to nerve pinch. So long story short..my first visit was amazing. Dr Kirsten Thomas is a genuine people's person. She is a very experienced and a very humble in nature. It took only 2 visits and I'm already able to move my arm all the way back 360'. My nerve pain on my right hand(had it for 15-18 years) start to show improvement. I'm a kind of person which has probably never types a review but trust me....Dr Kirsten doesn't just medically sound..she is also a very nice human being ..family oriented...humble in nature...very professional, prompt and a definite 5 * worthy. Don't go with what I say. Come visit her and find it yourself.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Thomas's for 10 years. I saw numerous chiropractors in Markham before I found Dr. Thomas, once I found her I didn't need to look any further. I have had chronic SI joint issues since the birth of my first child and Dr. Thomas has been the only chiropractor to help me get on top of my symptoms with her ART. You will never feel any pressure from Dr. Thomas to buy a series of treatments like some chiropractors I have come across in the past. Dr. Thomas is on top of her game in this industry, with her professional demeanour and continuous professional development. Dr. Thomas's naturally caring, infectious personality and attentive manner is remarkable. She truly has your best interest at heart when it comes to your treatment, so much so that you will never feel rushed in an appointment with Dr. Thomas. She will always take time to assess you properly and make sure you feel comfortable. You will never feel like a number. I have since moved a half hour out of town and I still drive in to exclusively see Dr. Thomas because she is simply just that good!!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

I went to one Chiro who told me I MUST go for numerous treatments for 1.5 years or else I will develop all these other problems/illnesses. This exact same diagnosis was given to everybody in the room. He operated like a production line. What a scam! Thankfully, I found Kirsten here online and let me say she won all those awards for a reason! I had such terrible lower back pain, I struggled to stand up straight and it affected my walking which then affected my knees. Kirsten gave me a thorough evaluation and she found all my weaknesses, she was spot on! She recommended a treatment plan with no pressure, she let me decide the path I'd like to take. In just 2 weeks, I was feeling fantastic. She communicates effectively by phone or email (my preference) which I totally love! She is always on time, I was never left waiting. She takes her time treating you, no rushing. I will continue to see Kirsten for maintenance. Her ART really worked wonders on me. Highly recommend anybody to see Dr. Kirsten Thomas

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Thomas' for over 7 years. She is accommodating, thoughtful, knowledgeable, and very professional. She actively and regularly seeks out opportunities for professional development through numerous courses, and has achieved success both in the "classroom" (evidenced by her credentials and certificates) and in her practice. The office space is always very clean and neat, and I have rarely (if ever) experienced a wait for my scheduled appointment time. I highly recommend Dr. Thomas, and have done so to other friends and family.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

So I've been to other Chiropractors where they either rush you off the table or set a plan for you in the thousands of dollars range. Dr. Kirsten is nothing like this at all! She is very attentive and accommodating. I had terrible lower back pain and within 2-3 weeks of treatment, Dr. Kirsten had me up and about again. The office is a very warm and inviting atmosphere, easy to communicate with be it in person or by email and believe me I've written her novels upon novels! If you're looking for an honest and knowledgeable practitioner then book yourself an appointment asap, I promise you won't be disappointed.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2015

Dr. Kirsten Thomas's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Since opening in balance chiropractic + acupuncture clinic in January 2009, Dr. Thomas is very proud that she has been voted Best Chiropractor in Markham in the Reader's Choice Awards - 5 years in a row for 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014! In 2014, she was also voted Top Chiropractor in the Top Choice Awards. Dr. Thomas greatly appreciates the support she has received from her patients. Dr. Thomas strives to help her patients by completing a very thorough initial assessment, by offering a variety of chiropractic and soft tissue techniques and by providing a personalized exercise rehabilitation program and lifestyle suggestions. She enjoys sharing the benefits of over ten years of ongoing continuing education with her patients. Dr. Thomas first attended the University of Western Ontario graduating in 2000 with an Honours Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology. From there she attended the world renowned Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College in Toronto, Ontario graduating in 2004. Dr. Thomas completed the medical acupuncture program and further advanced courses in functional assessment, advanced needling techniques, acupuncture for headaches, sports injuries, stress related problems and women's health issues at McMaster University. As well, she completed the one year fellowship program and Webster Technique certification from the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association which focuses on chiropractic care for pregnant women and children. She has taken additional courses on pre-natal chiropractic and pediatrics from many notable lecturers. In addition, Dr. Thomas is an Active Release Techniques (ART®) provider certified in Spine, Upper Extremity, Lower Extremity, Nerve Entrapment and Active Palpation protocols. She is also a Certified Golf Fitness Instructor with Titleist Performance Institute to help golfers improve their game by improving their fitness levels. She has attended numerous workshops and seminars on exercise rehabilitation and strongly believes in its importance in helping her patients reach their goals. Dr. Thomas has certifications with Thompson Technique and the Motion Palpation Institute in Spine and Extremity adjusting procedures. Dr. Thomas has completed Level 1 and 2 Cranial Adjusting techniques which is very helpful in the treatment of headaches and concussions. She has completed advanced custom orthotic therapy and condition based orthotic therapy courses with The Orthotic Group. She also is certified as a Personal Trainer Specialist with Can-Fit Pro and as a Level 2 Ski Instructor with the Canadian Ski Instructors Alliance. In 2010, Dr. Thomas completed the animal chiropractic certification program through the Healing Oasis Wellness Centre of Canada/Veterinary Chiropractic Learning Centre in Brantford. This course consisted of 210 hours of supervised instruction in the treatment of canines, felines and equines. She then completed the Advanced Canine Techniques course in 2013. Dr. Thomas is the first certified animal chiropractor practicing in Markham and is a certified member of the College of Animal Chiropractors. Dr. Thomas's passions are fitness, golf, skiing, curling, ballet, reading and her cat Starr. Dr. Thomas and her husband Cameron, welcomed their first baby, Curtis in August 2014.

• Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College (Grad. 2004)
  • University of Western Ontario (Grad. 2000)

• Chiropractic adjustment