Dr. Kirsten Thomas

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Kirsten Thomas

Dr. Thomas has been looking after my wife and I for the past 12 years. Always cheerful with hands of steel. She never disappoints and truly cares about you. I would recommend her anytime.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2018

Dr. Thomas came highly recommended. I am always happy with my treatment. I would highly recommend her to anyone in need of a great Chiropractor.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2018

I've been seeing Dr Thomas for a few years now and am very happy with the treatment I receive. She takes the time to recommend and show me different exercises I can do to help myself relieve pain which I prefer over taking pills. Her appointments run on time and she's always taking courses to learn new techniques and keep herself updated. I highly recommend Dr. K.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2018

I highly recommend Dr. Thomas for peri and postpartum chiropractic care. I began my care with her at 35 weeks of my pregnancy. Her techniques improved my significant pelvic pressure and back discomfort significantly. Most importantly I saw her on the advice that perhaps she could help my baby in utero change from a breech position (she had been breech for several weeks). Within hours of seeing her after my first visit, I literally watched my little one turn position and confirmed she was no longer breech the day after with an ultrasound. I wouldn't have believed it had I not experienced it myself. I felt so much better for the remainder of my pregnancy and truly am so glad to have had her care. I now see her for wellness care. Thank you (Baby Mikayla and Mommy - Dr. Trinkaus M.D.)

flag | Submitted November 30, 2018

Dr Thomas is without a doubt the best chiropractor I have met. Approx. a year ago I was suffering from severe sciatic pain and she was able to get me in for an appointment in a very reasonable time. She took her time and gave me the attention I needed. Her level of care and concern to help her patients is amazing. I am now pain free and still see her on a regular basis for a tune-up. She is "The Best!"

flag | Submitted November 29, 2018

Dr. Thomas is amazing! Since my injury, I have been going to her for almost 2 years on a regular basis and I feel great! My children also love her! She always makes time for our family and is caring and genuine. She is passionate about her practice, her profession and her patients. I admire all the extra courses she takes to keep current and innovative in her practice.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2018

I was disappointed that the Dr. Kirsten told me she has nothing available right now because she is too busy sorry but she is so booked up that I have nothing available. Didn't even give me a tentative date. I just found her reply odd. I did send someone to her years ago but unfortunately my friend didn't have a good experience with her.

Submitted October 15, 2018

I know Dr Kristen from many years she is the best Doctor ever

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

I had been terrible pain in my elbow and back for over 3 weeks and was considering steroid treatment . Dr . Thomas was able to fix my problems in just 6 sessions and return me to full functionality. And she's just so easy to talk to.. 😊

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Amazing!!! I have finally found a knowledgeable doctor who is helping me through my pain. I'm seeing results! I'm forever grateful! She is also a wonderful, friendly and compassionate person!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2017

Dr. Kirsten Thomas's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Since opening in balance chiropractic + acupuncture clinic in January 2009, Dr. Thomas is very proud that she has been voted Best Chiropractor in Markham in the Reader's Choice Awards - 5 years in a row for 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014! In 2014, she was also voted Top Chiropractor in the Top Choice Awards. Dr. Thomas greatly appreciates the support she has received from her patients. Dr. Thomas strives to help her patients by completing a very thorough initial assessment, by offering a variety of chiropractic and soft tissue techniques and by providing a personalized exercise rehabilitation program and lifestyle suggestions. She enjoys sharing the benefits of over ten years of ongoing continuing education with her patients. Dr. Thomas first attended the University of Western Ontario graduating in 2000 with an Honours Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology. From there she attended the world renowned Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College in Toronto, Ontario graduating in 2004. Dr. Thomas completed the medical acupuncture program and further advanced courses in functional assessment, advanced needling techniques, acupuncture for headaches, sports injuries, stress related problems and women's health issues at McMaster University. As well, she completed the one year fellowship program and Webster Technique certification from the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association which focuses on chiropractic care for pregnant women and children. She has taken additional courses on pre-natal chiropractic and pediatrics from many notable lecturers. In addition, Dr. Thomas is an Active Release Techniques (ART®) provider certified in Spine, Upper Extremity, Lower Extremity, Nerve Entrapment and Active Palpation protocols. She is also a Certified Golf Fitness Instructor with Titleist Performance Institute to help golfers improve their game by improving their fitness levels. She has attended numerous workshops and seminars on exercise rehabilitation and strongly believes in its importance in helping her patients reach their goals. Dr. Thomas has certifications with Thompson Technique and the Motion Palpation Institute in Spine and Extremity adjusting procedures. Dr. Thomas has completed Level 1 and 2 Cranial Adjusting techniques which is very helpful in the treatment of headaches and concussions. She has completed advanced custom orthotic therapy and condition based orthotic therapy courses with The Orthotic Group. She also is certified as a Personal Trainer Specialist with Can-Fit Pro and as a Level 2 Ski Instructor with the Canadian Ski Instructors Alliance. In 2010, Dr. Thomas completed the animal chiropractic certification program through the Healing Oasis Wellness Centre of Canada/Veterinary Chiropractic Learning Centre in Brantford. This course consisted of 210 hours of supervised instruction in the treatment of canines, felines and equines. She then completed the Advanced Canine Techniques course in 2013. Dr. Thomas is the first certified animal chiropractor practicing in Markham and is a certified member of the College of Animal Chiropractors. Dr. Thomas's passions are fitness, golf, skiing, curling, ballet, reading and her cat Starr. Dr. Thomas and her husband Cameron, welcomed their first baby, Curtis in August 2014.

• Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College (Grad. 2004)
  • University of Western Ontario (Grad. 2000)

• Chiropractic adjustment