Ratings for Dr. Michelle Meszaros

I'm not a patient of Dr. Meszaros, and never have been yet I received an email advising that she's closing her practice and would transfer my medical records for a FEE. A very EXORBITANT FEE!!It sure looks like a scam to me.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2013

I am surprised Dr. Michelle Meszaros is still at Active Care Kanata as she called me at home and told me, in November 2012, that we couldn't be on her list when Doctor Lacy retired, after saying we could be, as she was leaving Family Medicine and the Active Care practice! Now I see she is still there!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2013

Professionally competent, caring, pleasant, courteous and polite. A pleasure, asw it happens, to see her, or be seen by.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2013

Staff can be rude. Yes, they are overworked but they need lessons in customer service. Also, it can take days to get through on the phone. They need dedicated people to answer the phone, not the ones checking patients in. The Dr. is knowledgeable, but lacks confidence, often needing to confer with colleagues on matters she is unsure of. Gives too many details about her personal life. Several times I've had a pain and she said "maybe it's a tumour" - not what a patient wants to hear. Do the tests first, then if it's a tumour, o.k., mention the word, but don't worry patients needlessly. If I hear one more time about her best friend dying of a brain tumour, I'm going to scream! That is totally unprofessional. She will only see patients for one concern at a time, which is inefficient and ineffective. Hard to get a word in edgewise with her sometimes.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2012

I have to say, she is not a good doctor. I reached her office ahead 15 minutes and then wait another 20 minutes untill saw her. Every time i have to meet her again and again just for get the blood test results which she told me 1 minute. I ask for get pregency test first, she said she will charge me, i'd better to go shorpsdrug mart buy first response and test by myself at home. She even said to me she didn't care my pregency, she made me very mad. How bad she is. I'll consider i have to change another family doctor.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2011

Dr Mezaros is an excellent caring doctor who genuinely looks out for her patients. She remembers everything you tell her and are a person, not a number.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2011

Very friendly doctor but sometimes goes on long rants that seem somewhat unbelievable. Seems very caring and she is very personable. However, I would agree that her staff are very cold and always seem annoyed to be dealing with you.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2011

Very good doctor. Doesn't take on "problem" patients who complain a lot and have no interest in changing habits (my opinion).

flag | Submitted January 14, 2011

She has been my doctor for some time now. Yes she listens to her patients. And yes she spends the time to explain everything. However, if you are not frequently ill or if you decide to see another walk-in doctor (even if he is in the same clinic) because she's not available even if you have an emergency situation, she'll turn her back on you. And what's all this about screening your patients before you accept them in your service? I heard from someone who used to work in that clinic, that she accepts patients according to how often they get sick. What happened to our doctors and medical system? This is not just a job; she’s a doctor and a healer. This should be about the patients too not just her. And speaking of the clinic, the staffs at the receptien desk are rough and mean and sometimes they leave you waiting even if they have nothing to do just because they are talking to each other on matters outside the job.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2010

A caring listener, and a physician who thoughtfully considers information you present - how rare is that?! Works hard and follows up promptly with referrals. Good memory for details. Very pleasant person. Never rushes you. The exact opposite of the "arrogant MD" stereotype. Excellent.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2010