Dr. Darryl Hodgkinson's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients
Dr. Darryl J. Hodgkinson is recognized world-wide as an expert in cosmetic plastic surgery with more than thirty years of experience in both cosmetic and plastic/reconstructive surgery. Dr. Hodgkinson did his plastic surgical training at the prestigious Mayo Clinic in the United States and is amongst an elite group of a very few surgeons to hold two degrees in plastic surgery from American Board of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons and the Royal College of Surgeons, Canada. Dr. Hodgkinson is a past President of the Australasian College of Cosmetic Surgery and currently on their Board of Censors. He also serves on the Scientific Committee of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS), is a Section Editor for the journal Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, is an invited member of the International Consortium of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ICAPS) as well as being a member of many other professional societies including the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the Rhinoplasty Society, the Lipoplasty Society of North America and the Priestly Society. Dr. Hodgkinson has published over 65 articles and continues to contribute by traveling the world giving lectures and courses in cosmetic and aesthetic plastic surgery at congresses and to societies. This includes the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, the International Consortium of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, the French, German and other national societies of cosmetic and plastic surgery. Dr. Hodgkinson is also the Founder and a Director of Operation Restore Hope Australia. This Australian based charity draws on the talents of medical professionals from all over the world to educate medical professionals and care for children in the Philippines with cleft lip and palate. Operation Restore Hope has now provided cleft lip and palate surgery to nearly 3,000 children and other medical services to many, many more whom without charity would have gone unaided.
- University of Sydney (Grad. 1971)
Areas of Expertise
Awards & Recognitions
- University of Sydney, Anatomy Prosectorship, 1967
- University of Sydney, Ophthalmology, 1971
- Best Discusser, 19th Chief Residents Conference, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, April, 1980
- Ohmori Lecture, OSAPS 2008
Publications & Research
- Hodgkinson, D.J. and Tracy, G.D.: Upper Limb Emboli, A.N.Z. Journal Surgery, No. 2, p. 139-143, May 1975
- Hodgkinson, D.J. and Lord, R.S.L. : Haemorrheological Causes of Transient Ischaemic Attacks, (Abstr), A.N.Z. Journal Surg., No.1, February 1975.
- Hodgkinson, D.J. and Woods, J.E.: The Influence of Facial Nerve Sacrifice in Surgery of Malignant Parotid Tumours, J. of Surg. Oncology 8:425-432, 1976
- Hodgkinson, D.J. and Woods, T.J.: Endometrial Carcinoma in Immuno-suppressed Patient, J. of Gynaecologic Oncology, 5: 308 – 132, 1977.
- Mendelson, B.C., Hodgkinson, D.J. and Woods, J.E.: Carcinoma of Floor of the Mouth, Surg. Cl. of North Am., Vol. 157:585-596, 1977.
- Hodgkinson, D.J., ReMine, W.H., and Weiland, L.H.: Pancreatic Cystadenoma, A Clinicopathologic Study of 45 Cases. Ach. of Surg. 113:512-519, April 1978.
- Hodgkinson, D.J., Woods, J.E., Dahlin, D.C. and Tolman, D.E.: Keratocysts of the Jaw, Cancer, 41:803-813, 1978.
- Hodgkinson, D.J., Irons, G.B. and Williams, T.J.: Chemical Burns and Skin Preparation Solutions, Surg., Gyn., Obst., 147:534-536, 1978.
- Hodgkinson, D.J., ReMine, W.H. and Weiland, L.H.: Cystadenocarcinoma of the Pancreas, Annals of Surg., Vol. 188, No.5, p. 679, 1979.
- Grazer, F.M., Heinrichs, H. and Hodgkinson, D.J.: Aesthetic Aspects of Breast Reduction in Symposium, on Aesthetic Surg. of the Breast, ed. by J. Owsley, R. Peterson, Mosby Co. St Louis, 1978.
- Irons, G.B., Hodgkinson, D.J., Chong, G.C. and Woods, J.E.: Pentazocine Ulceration, Annals of Plastic Surg., Vol.2, No.4, April 1979.
- Hodgkinson, D.J., Soule, E.H. and Woods, J.E.: Cutaneous Angiosarcoma of the Head and Neck, Cancer 44: 1000-1113, 1979.
- Hodgkinson, D.J.: Anatomical Aspects of Body Sculpturing: Prevention of Deep Venous Thrombosis After Abdominoplasty, Chapters to be included in Body Image – A Surgical perspective by F.M; Grazer, J. Klingbeil, C.V. Mosby Co., St. Louis, December, 1979.
- Hodgkinson, D.J., Masson, J.K.: Rapid Mounting of Skin Grafts on Mechanical Skin Mesher, Annals of Plastic Surgery, 4: 381, 1980.
- Hodgkinson, D.J., Irons, G.B.: Newer Applications of the Cross-Leg Flap, Annals of Plastic Surgery, 4:381, 1980.
- Hodgkinson, D.J., Telander, R.L., Sheps, S.D. & Gilchrist, G.S. Extra-Adrenal Intrathoracic Functioning Paragangliomas in Childhood Mayo Clinic Proceedings, Vol. 55:271, 1980.