Ratings for Dr. Darryl Hodgkinson

HI i had blepharoplasty - eyelid excess skin reduction done by dr hodgkinson - way back in 2002 followlingthe operation there was a large lump left at the corner of each eye. dr hodgkinson agreed to review this and stated he was attemping to do a dramatic nicer look - however this left me with these hideous lumps. so at my expenses i flew back to sydney from perth - they would not cover the travel - and underwent a 2nd operation - he did not did cover this expense- however - he used local anathetic and i felt most of the work being done! i beleive this was to save the cost of a general - or he could use the medical excuse which works well - i didnt want to put you through a general as there are risks - although i am a very healthy individual - so at the end of the day - i paid 10000 - and had to have a second op and extra downtime and another 2000 cost i seriously did my homework on dr hodgkinson and i do not know the formula on how to successfully choose a surgeon- it does not seem to matter if they are fully qualified - have years of experience - are expensive or cheap - it like forrest gumps favourite saying ' lifes like a box of plastic surgeons - you dont know what youre going to get' julie age 53

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

Darryl botched my liposuction. After promising a good job / his results are disastrous.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2016

I decided to come to Dr Darryl Hodgkinson as a friend of mine had her nose done by him and her surgery turned out fantastic. From the first consultation, I felt very comfortable and felt like I had made the right choice. Dr Hodgkinson is very knowledgable and thourough and has a wonderful bedside manner. He knew exactly what needed to be done to my nose. All the other staff also were very lovely and helpful. From the initial consult through to the actual surgery everything went fantastically. The surgery was a breeze, the nurses and staff all lovely and friendly. I am currently two weeks post opp and very happy with my results so far. I would definitely recommend Dr Darryl hodgkinson and his wonderful practice.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

I came to Dr Hodgkinson because I saw my friends rhinoplasty and was amazed at her result. The doctor was very professional the whole time and the service was great, from the doctor, nurses and through to the administrative staff. I love my new nose!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

I was very welcome at the clinic from the first moment of contact online. I received a call back within that day. Dr Hodgkinson was very professional, answered all my questions, made me feel comfortable and at ease right through the process. I'm very happy with the results, healing went well and I can't see the suture lines around my eyes.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

23 years ago I underwent breast augmentation that resulted in severe capsular contraction. I had since over the years undergone 2 more surgeries with another surgeon to try to correct this and they also resulted in severe capsular contracture. Wow they were hideous, grotesque and abnormal and very painful. I was told by several other surgeons that this could not be corrected and was permanent, however after meeting and consulting with Dr Darryl Hodgkinson I decided to try again and have another surgical attempt to a correct my now serious problematic breast implants with a remove and replace procedure of my implants as well as a breast lift and he is truly a remarkable surgeon whom has not only restored my breasts to NORMAL ,SOFT ,SUBTLE, EVENLY SHAPED AND POSITIONED TO PERFECTION but indeed absolutely fabulous in every way possible AND NO CAPSULAR CONTRACTION. My experience with him and all his team and staff from the very beginning of the first consultation to the extremely supportive aftercare was truly amazing. He is a genius with specialised knowledge and so gifted in his field with everything he does. If you have had previous surgery with a poor and disappointing outcome or you are contemplating your first surgery then I can highly recommend that before you accept less than a perfect result you should pop in for an inexpensive consultation with this brilliant and outstanding Surgeon as I did.Thankyou so much Dr Hodgkinson for an incredibly stress free experience and miraculous outcome which I had been told was IMPOSSIBLE.I would also like to say from my experience when your in the hands of a surgeon like Dr Hodgkinson magic and miracles really do happen because after 23 years and 3 failed attempts by other so called Surgeons, with his help and brilliant expertise he managed to achieve what no other previous surgeons could. With gratitude and appreciation for your wonderful work, encouragement and kind understanding Roxy :)

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

i had my breast augmentatuin done in febuary 2012 and i couldn't be happier,there is nothing i would change about them, he did an absolute perfect job. They are soft and have not dropped at all... i would recommend doing them with him to anyone...

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

Darryl and his team performed a fantastic job, The lead up consultation was incredibly positive, the actual surgery was for me stress free. The medical team I had made it all a very comfortable and easy surgery. Plus, the recovery was much quicker than I expected. To everyone involved. Thank you

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

Dr Hodgkinson is simply the best! He made me feel absolutely special. My breast are perfect and the staff were very accomodating and friendly. He provides a fantastic service. I highly reccomend him!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

Dr Darryl Hodgkinson, he is the Master at what he does. I love my new breasts. Dr Hodgkinson and his staff with the level of service they made me feel like a VIP and the price for my new breasts was worth every dollar. I would go there again, do yourself a favour and go.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

Dr. Darryl Hodgkinson's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Darryl J. Hodgkinson is recognized world-wide as an expert in cosmetic plastic surgery with more than thirty years of experience in both cosmetic and plastic/reconstructive surgery. Dr. Hodgkinson did his plastic surgical training at the prestigious Mayo Clinic in the United States and is amongst an elite group of a very few surgeons to hold two degrees in plastic surgery from American Board of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons and the Royal College of Surgeons, Canada. Dr. Hodgkinson is a past President of the Australasian College of Cosmetic Surgery and currently on their Board of Censors. He also serves on the Scientific Committee of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS), is a Section Editor for the journal Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, is an invited member of the International Consortium of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ICAPS) as well as being a member of many other professional societies including the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the Rhinoplasty Society, the Lipoplasty Society of North America and the Priestly Society. Dr. Hodgkinson has published over 65 articles and continues to contribute by traveling the world giving lectures and courses in cosmetic and aesthetic plastic surgery at congresses and to societies. This includes the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, the International Consortium of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, the French, German and other national societies of cosmetic and plastic surgery. Dr. Hodgkinson is also the Founder and a Director of Operation Restore Hope Australia. This Australian based charity draws on the talents of medical professionals from all over the world to educate medical professionals and care for children in the Philippines with cleft lip and palate. Operation Restore Hope has now provided cleft lip and palate surgery to nearly 3,000 children and other medical services to many, many more whom without charity would have gone unaided.

• English

• University of Sydney (Grad. 1971)

• University of Sydney, Anatomy Prosectorship, 1967
  • University of Sydney, Ophthalmology, 1971
  • Best Discusser, 19th Chief Residents Conference, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, April, 1980
  • Ohmori Lecture, OSAPS 2008