Ratings for Dr. Darryl Hodgkinson

I had a large basal cell carcinoma on my face that Dr Hodgkinson removed last year. He did Pathology at the same time as surgery which he explained to me was to make sure he got all the cancer out, He reconstructed my cheek with a flap and now just over twelve months on when I went in for my one year review you can hardly see a scar. I am really happy as I was scared I'd spend the rest of my life with a giant scar or skin graft on the side of my head. I am so glad that I can put this behind me now and swear that I'll always wear a hat and put on sun cream from now on.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

Let's just say no thank you! I'm glad that I went to elsewhere.

Submitted February 21, 2017

I first came and saw Dr Hodgkinson 22 years ago. I didn't end up going ahead with that procedure for personal reasons. After all these years, I found Darryl again through his website as I needed liposuction and a breast reduction due to excess weight after having a fall and ended up with fibromyalgia. Since the surgery all my symptoms have disappeared. This week I went to see my GP and he was amazed at my recovery. The whole procedure from start to finish has been smooth, precise and the best money I have ever spent. The staff have been welcoming, caring and non judgemental the whole time. I couldn't be happier!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

I had a breast augmentation 12 months ago, with Dr. Hodgkinson. This was something very personal to me as I have had small breasts my whole life (A-B cup). From the consultation, it turns out my breasts hadn’t developed properly as a teenager and I had mildly tuberous breasts. My life is quite conservative, I wanted to fill out my clothes but didn’t want to end up with unnatural looking breasts. Naturally my hips were wider than my bust and I was looking to put them both in proportion. Dr Hodgkinson measured my frame and suggested I go with a 325cc implant. This has given me a small D cup. I was very concerned that everyone would notice and judge me for having this procedure. To be honest no one has commented, I told a few close friends and immediate family and they were all very supportive. I always knew something wasn’t quite right with my breasts and am so glad I saw Dr. Hodgkinson about it. My confidence grew and I was literally a new person after the surgery. Cliché, but true. Wish I’d done it earlier! Dr Hodgkinson and his team are an absolute dream throughout the whole experience. Couldn’t recommend him more!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

Worst surgeon in Sydney by far. Ruined my body - leaving me with scarring, crater deformities and skin adhesion. Would not admit to their being any problems. Have complained about him to the medical board and he has had to change his protocol. Other surgeons are shocked at his poor work, treatment planning and scarring.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

Dr Hodgkinson did my daughter's rhinoplasty. She was very self-conscious about her nose all through high school. We used the holiday period over Christmas to give her the graduation present she wanted. We are all very happy with the result and with the care we received by Dr Hodgkinson and his staff. Most importantly our daughter who always was and always will be beautiful to us now seems to be walking on sunshine and has the confidence to face the next phase in her life at uni this year.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Dr Hodgkinson is a very talented facelift surgeon. Wonderful natural results.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Dr Hodgkinson did eyelid surgery on me. My eyelids were hanging down and the skin was saggy. It made me look tired because I couldn't open up my eyes. Now my eyes look more alert and lovely. It is easier to apply makeup too. I am happy with the outcome. I'll recommend my friends.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

I was looking for buttock implant surgery and found Dr Hodgkinson. As soon as I saw him he made me feel comfortable and I felt like I could trust him. We spoke about the size and he showed be a size to try. I wanted the biggest while it still looked natural. He advised around 300cc for my frame as I am a small build. I went ahead with the procedure and absolutely love it, I can't stop looking at myself in the mirror every morning. I'm 9 weeks post op now. Thank you very very much Dr. Hodgkinson!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

I had nose surgery with Dr Hodgkinson & he did a really good job. At my first appointment one of the staff spent a lot of time with me doing images on the computer of what I might look like after surgery. This really helped me gain the confidence to go ahead with it. I looked a bit beaten up and bruised after the surgery but they said that is normal. The most important thing is that I really like my new nose & it looks almost exactly like the one I had images of.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Dr. Darryl Hodgkinson's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Darryl J. Hodgkinson is recognized world-wide as an expert in cosmetic plastic surgery with more than thirty years of experience in both cosmetic and plastic/reconstructive surgery. Dr. Hodgkinson did his plastic surgical training at the prestigious Mayo Clinic in the United States and is amongst an elite group of a very few surgeons to hold two degrees in plastic surgery from American Board of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons and the Royal College of Surgeons, Canada. Dr. Hodgkinson is a past President of the Australasian College of Cosmetic Surgery and currently on their Board of Censors. He also serves on the Scientific Committee of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS), is a Section Editor for the journal Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, is an invited member of the International Consortium of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ICAPS) as well as being a member of many other professional societies including the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the Rhinoplasty Society, the Lipoplasty Society of North America and the Priestly Society. Dr. Hodgkinson has published over 65 articles and continues to contribute by traveling the world giving lectures and courses in cosmetic and aesthetic plastic surgery at congresses and to societies. This includes the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, the International Consortium of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, the French, German and other national societies of cosmetic and plastic surgery. Dr. Hodgkinson is also the Founder and a Director of Operation Restore Hope Australia. This Australian based charity draws on the talents of medical professionals from all over the world to educate medical professionals and care for children in the Philippines with cleft lip and palate. Operation Restore Hope has now provided cleft lip and palate surgery to nearly 3,000 children and other medical services to many, many more whom without charity would have gone unaided.

• English

• University of Sydney (Grad. 1971)

• Face-lift
  • Liposuction
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Rhinoplasty

• University of Sydney, Anatomy Prosectorship, 1967
  • University of Sydney, Ophthalmology, 1971
  • Best Discusser, 19th Chief Residents Conference, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, April, 1980
  • Ohmori Lecture, OSAPS 2008