Ratings for Dr. Thomas W. Umbach

Dr. Umbach is fantastic, and so is the entire staff. I would recommend to anyone!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2016

Dr. Umbach and his team are the absolute BEST! They treat every patient nicely and are always here for you. If you are considering Weight Loss Surgery Dr. Tom is the way to go!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

It's hard to find real reviews as most doctors have staff o rate them well. I have to say that DR. Umbach is very pleasant when you meet him but he's not interested in you at all, all he sees is $$$ signs which I can understand. However, the level of care is less than poor and he misses up a lot. Although I read that, I still went with majority rating and now I am very sick because of him. I had a lap band procedure that slipped ( although I followed all instruction) I was ready for a major life style change and weight loss but I didn't get any. Had surgery in June, Lap band slipped in Nov, and he kept on saying about all my discomfort that it was "normal" with the lap band but I believed otherwise. finally he agreed to get me an upper GI which showed slippage. He wanted extra office fees for nutrition classes that I went through prior to first surgery. He never spends anytime with you, they are very greedy and can careless if you are miserable or not. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

flag | Submitted April 6, 2014

After Doctor Sood mis diagnised my endosipy and ordered Emergency Surgery, I sought out Doctor Tomas Umback, this is the Best Life Saving Gastro Doctor throught the USA, he completed the Endosipy and completd the need Medical Procedure without the need od a Emergency Surgery. Only wish I had known about this Website before seiing Doctor Sood who is hurting Patients with his lack of Knowledge all he is Money Hungery. Please take your Health, Life, and seek treatment from Doctor Tom Umback. 10/10/2013

flag | Submitted October 11, 2013

Great doctor and staff. Dr. Umbach is caring, through and takes the time to answer all of your questions. My experience with the Gastric Sleeve has been great. I would recommend Umbach to others.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2013

4 years out and I have had no complications. He has been very professional and knowledgeable the entire time with him. His staff was and is excellent and to this day any questions or concerns I get an answer ASAP!! Love him and tell all my friends about him!!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013

Be careful VERY careful!! Would not recommend him. Get costs in writing.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2012

I appreciate all that Dr Umbach did for me. I would recomend him to anyone. Thanks Dr Umbach!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2011

Dr Umbach takes his time and explanes everything in detail and helps you understand all the risks there are he cares and his staff is outgoing and friendly i have had no problems from my Bypass and have lost 300lbs since i have seen Dr Umbach he has changed my life and he can change yours

flag | Submitted February 12, 2011

Dr. Thomas W. Umbach's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal