Ratings for Dr. Douglas W. Widman

Dr. Douglas Widman was the greatest doctor I have ever worked with. I was overly pleased with my experience at Mount Carmel. His staff was attentive and helpful, and made me feel comfortable in my time of need. He was exceptionally thoughtful and encouraging. I would highly recommend Dr. Widman and his team.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2011

Dr Widman was rude to me. He showed no empathy or concern for my distress. He was argumentative when asked questions and suggested that I was overly concerned about things and uninformed. He was impatient with me and acted very defensive. He was confusing in that he said one thing and then changed his story - then told me he never said it. He suggested that my referring doctor was not informing me of things and deliberately leaving out information. I left his office angry and distressed over my treatment and will not return. I spent nearly 3 hours in the waiting room and office - very little of it with him. And I also got the impression that he and his staff were not very up on thyroid stuff. I could not get any detailed answers on radiation precautions and I got no understanding for the fact that I am somewhat hypo - a condition that makes me achy and emotional. He is definitely not the type of Dr I would have expected to find in a cancer clinic.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2009

Dr. Douglas W. Widman's Credentials

• University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Oxford