Ratings for Dr. Nahla O. Merhi

Dr Merhi performed the Essure procedure a few years back. I went to see her recently and tried to discuss the problems I've been having since I had that done. She was in total denial that my problems are from that. She did not even finish my exam. She left room without saying a word. I would not recommend the Essure to anyone. Go on facebook and look up groups about the procedure and thousands of woman tell their stories. I will never see Dr. Merhi again.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

I have seen her on several occasions, but have decided to terminate the relationship. Why? Because I find her more interested in her agenda, her opinion and her decisions than my concerns. I don't think she really hears me. For example, when I came in regarding a follow-up regarding a urinary tract infection, my concerns were dismissed as unfounded because the infection was now cleared. Not until I pressed hard, did she ask her staff to perform a procedure that confirmed my complaints. Even then, she didn't admit her judgment was flawed. When she forms an opinion, I feel she is stubborn and defensive. But, what has put things over the top for me is her confidence in pelvic sling mesh. She does not seem aware of recent FDA statements, lawsuits, etc. She does not seem to be open to changing course. She claims only a small percentage of people experience problems, which is an acceptable risk. I just disagree too much to trust her with my further care.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

I went to Dr. Merhi one time a year ago for a routine pap. She was very quick but I didn't have many issues so it was fine. A few weeks later my insurance came back with the incorrect diagnosis and codes. I have been dealing with the bill for a year! There is a huge disconnect between the billing office (Presence Health) and her office. Each one doesn't know what the other is doing and they just blame the problems on each other. I get no follow up calls and the constant runaround. So the bill has been wrong for a year. And then the prescription she wrote did not last a year until my next routine appointment. I called her office to see if they could call in a prescription for 2 more refills to get me to my yearly appointment. A girl named Megan said she would check with her to find out and call me back. I never received a call back so I called to follow up. They had already called it in to the pharmacy they had on file. Well I don't live near the pharmacy that was put on file a year ago. I then had to request they call a different pharmacy. I was told again by Megan, that I would be called back again and never was! I had to call 3 times in a week to keep following up on things they should have been calling me back about. Finally at the end of the week, a women named Gail got on the phone and gave me a million excuses about why they called it in to the other pharmacy and that it's not their fault. Basically blaming me and saying it was my fault it was called in to a pharmacy they had on file even though I never authorized them to call it in to that location. I have worked at a doctor's office and in customer service and I am shocked at the laziness and unprofessionalism this office staff exudes. And then I was told I was rude for being a little upset and frustrated that this wasn't dealt with in a timely manner. I can't believe the nerve these employees have to talk to patients that way. I would NEVER go back here and would NEVER recommend it to anyone. This staff needs to be replaced with people who know customer service and how to deal with patients. You do not mess with people's health. And Dr. Mehri needs to learn a few customer skills herself. And maybe needs to learn correct diagnosis codes.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

I absolutely love Dr. Merhi's Office. The staff is very efficient and they were able to get me in quickly. I love the Online forms that are available to fill ahead of time which made me get back faster. I got my results in a few days. Would recommend her to everyone

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Merhi because I had a pap smear result come up positive. So of course I went to appointment not sure what they were going to do, whether it was going to be another pap smear or what. The nurse who checked me told me the doctor will be in soon to do biopsy. I told her I didn't know that's what they were going to do and why not just do another pap. She said any questions I had that I could ask the doctor. So when doctor came in she gave me some half answer and jumped right into doing the biopsy. She talked to the nurse the whole time about something she said on t.v. while doing the biopsy which was painful and would have been nice if she would have let me know every time she was going to cut. Long story short, I will wait for my results and if I need any further treatment I will find another Gyno, I thought her lack sympathy for what I was having done and talking the whole time to nurse was unacceptable and rude.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2013

VERY DISAPPOINTED IN MANY WAYS.CALLED A WEEK AFTER APOINTMENT TO SCHEDULE A MAMOGRAM AND THEY DIDN'T GET FAX FOR THE ORDER,THEN HAD TO CALL DR. OFFICE TO TELL THEM TO FAX ORDER.THE STAFF NEVER ORDERED ON LINE BIRTHCONTROL THOUGH MED CO,AND HAD TO CALL OFFICE AGAIN X 3.THEN HAD TO CALL OFFICE FOR FOUTH TIME DUE TO ORDERING WRONG BIRTHCONTROL.WILL NOT GO BACK TO THIS DOCTOR AND WILL NOT RECOMEND OTHER PATIENT TO GO.OFFICE STAFF DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING.VERY DISAPPOINTED AND WILL FIND NEW GYNE.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2013

I looooved loooved looooooooooooved her. I can't say that enough. I've been to so many OB/GYNS and she is the only one I would recommend in a heartbeat. She is very timely in her appointments. She seems to focus on gynocology more than obstetrics which is good for us women with gynological issues, but no babies. She is very good surgically. I had to have a surgical procedure with her and I never felt in better hands. She worked with me when I told her I was losing my insurance. She would call me on the phone and explain things to me in a way that was easily understandable and refer me to websites for more information. She was kind, gentle, etc. I can't say enough good things about my experiences. As a plus, she is also one of the few doctors in the US licensed to put in the implanon birth control implant.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2009

Dr. Nahla O. Merhi's Credentials

• American Univ Of Beirut, Fac Of Med, Beirut, Lebanon (Grad. 1996)