Ratings for Dr. Raymond Au

I met Dr. Au in the Richmond Hospital and his arrogance and tardiness was despicable. He spent 30 minutes with me mainly asking questions and told me I had PTSD and suggested that medication will help me. I respected his decision but what I did not like was the fact that he did not listen to what I wanted to say or answer questions about other forms of therapy. Felt worse after seeing him than before I went. Please avoid if possible because there is zero empathy involved

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

hi dad hi dad hi dad hi dad hi dad hi dad hi dad hi hi

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

Since the RCMP had the last review removed. Leys have a go again, it was reported on the news that a group of teens was convicted of extprtion using a dating app. Dr Au is not tech savvy and doesnt know the term catfishing.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2018

My experience with Dr. Au goes back 7 years. At first I was not sure but if you just let him do his job the results are amazing. Thank you for giving my grandson a life. Thank you for the care, understanding and education you have offered. My grandson has his own place, new friend, his family back in his life and he himself is now his own decision maker. Life in and out of mental health is hard. We will always be great full to you and your team of doctors at Richmond Mental Health. His grandmother.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2017

Dr au is a fuckingg assshole hahahahahahahahahahahah

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

Where does this doctor provide consultation service except Richmond Hospital ? Thanks.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

excellent doctor. gave me new hope in life. god bless

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

flag | Submitted April 14, 2014

Dismissive, uninformed, and arrogant would be the best descriptions of this man. After less than a 45 minute interview, wherein we barely touched on my symptoms, I was told unequivocally that I didn't have any significant mental health issues. I questioned why I was having the most disturbing symptoms, and was again dismissed. He seemed to be highly influenced by his previous suppositions and exposure to other less informed opinions. Rather than delving any deeper into what I was trying to report to him, he chose to make a quick decision based solely upon his own personal prejudices (of which he displayed many). Poor listening skills, limited technical knowledge, and an inability to understand social context beyond his experience prevented him from displaying any insightful connections. I would recommend seeking another, more highly skilled individual for any mental health concerns outside of the mainstream societal norms. Offered NO help regarding suicidal ideation, or care concerns.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

Sessions have been disappointing and discouraging. This doctor is belittling, confrontational, and dismissive; my partner left his first session bewildered and in worse shape than when he arrived. I believe he suffered a huge setback as a direct result of the first meeting. Dr Au appeared to dismiss my partner's concerns, especially concerning the abrupt stoppage of prescribed medications. Family was excluded from sessions whereas they should have been included and consulted as an insightful resource to the treatment plan. Dr Au is working with a vulnerable population and should probably review his approach to patients. His job, after all, is to heal, not cause more harm and distress to a population that is already vulnerable.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2012