Ratings for Dr. Michael Shabbits

Dr Michael Shabbits is a drug promoter. In his eyes everyone is sick, everyone should be medicated.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Dr Shabbits is a medicine seller, he push people to take medications!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

he put me on way too much seroquel - 300mg and combined it with another anti depressant. i was to drugged up to function out of a hospital setting. seroquel did not work for me, although they give it out like candy. i think he means well, i just had a really really bad experience with the medication. ask lots of questions.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2014

Super nice. Tries to help. Seen him at bridgehouse. Honest

flag | Submitted June 1, 2014

Dr Shabbits is the best doctor I have ever had the good fortune of connecting with, purely by accident, and my life has never been the same since. Whatever is wrong with me is so rare and unusual. My legs started acting up when I was 5 years old and has been getting progressively worse with age. My illness is so strange no doctor would help once tests came back showing nothing wrong with me. For my entire life, all any doctor did was accuse me of making up my illness because what's wrong with me seems so implausible, even though it's real. At 30 however, My illness spiraled out of control; the pain immense, yet still no cause for it. Dr. Shabbits was the only doctor to care enough to observe me and see I wasn't looking for attention. He cared enough to spend a lot of time watchig me and seeing there was no way I could possibly be putting one a show. He doesn't understand my illness but accepts that it's real, and with a lot of trial and error, found some medications that help.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2014

He is a nice guy. Gives his patients fair time. He is medication focused primarily. I found that he over sedated me. He is really busy.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2013

I had met Dr Shabbits during an admission at Richmond Hospital. He provided excellent care and took time to explain what was going on with me as this was my first psych admission. Excellent doctor, socialworker and nursing staff!! I was just about ready for discharge but needed some more supervision/observation regarding medication adjustments. I was transferred to BridgeHouse. Dr Shabbits is one of the docs there...fortunate that he was able to follow-up with me as we easily developed a good working relationship. The nursing staff were awesome! Extremely supportive, provided teaching, explained medication, provided info about community supports and coping strategies to use when discharged. We need more places like BridgeHouse-never knew it existed in our community..was a warm and inviting home-like environment... no comparison to the hospital!! Excellent teamwork by bridgehouse and hospital staff!I am in good hands as I have Dr S at the richmond mental health team. THANK U ALL

flag | Submitted August 1, 2013

HI: I am so sorry that the other patients who went to see him had such bad reports...Mr. Shabbits is an extremely caring physician who does not empahsize drugs , and really is concerned about his patients. He is patient, and calm , reassuring and is really a wonderful doctor. He takes the time to talk to you, and is very responsible and mature. I think he is the best psychiatrist on the force actually...He does not try to put you in the psychiatric ward longer than you need to be there , and he makes sure your medication isn't too much.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

Poor knowledge of using cognitive therapy for mental health issues. Emphasizes medications instead. Not terribly understanding of family concerns or willing to help families support their mentally ill relative. Pejorative attitude on occasion.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011

looks and acts like a 12 year-old anxiously waiting for patient to get the hell outta his face..as well, his sidekick social worker "Clem" is horrid and blabs files to other people.they both need to be fired NOW!!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011