Ratings for Dr. Gerald Y. Ho

You will wait at least 30 to 60 minutes before seeing the doctor. You can never reach anyone on the phone. I have to fax my questions or problems and even then they receive very little attention. They messed up one of my regular prescriptions. After sending two faxes I finally reached the office on the phone and they had ignored my faxes and done nothing. The boy could not find records of the medication I have been taking for years so he said no one could do anything he had to contact the doctor. I could not wait on the phone he would just send him a message in another office. It took over a week for me to get my correct prescription. This is NOT unusual for this office and this is NOT the first problem I have had with them, this is the way they do things all the time. Read his negative reviews on Y E L P.com. This doctor runs an understaffed factory. His staff does everything and he comes in at the end for about two minutes, says as little as possible and then leaves. He only bothers to come in at all so he can bill the office visit to the insurance company. He has not adequately addressed my severe pain issues and he refuses to give me a referral to a pain management doctor. When they finally did prescribe a strong pain medicine, they gave me one that severely aggravated my COPD and I wound up in the emergency room. If my insurance company had another Rheumatologist that would work for me in my area I would NOT be seeing this one! Beware!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

You will wait at least 30 to 60 minutes before seeing the doctor. You can never reach anyone on the phone. I have to fax my questions or problems and even them they receive very little attention. They messed up one of my regular prescriptions. After sending two faxes I finally reached the office on the phone and they had ignored my faxes and done nothing. The boy could not find records of the medication I have been taking for years so he said no one could do anything he had to contact the doctor. I could not wait he would just send him a message in another office. I am still waiting and I had to get my insurance company to intervene and contact the doctor's office. This doctor runs an understaffed factory. His staff does everything and he comes in at the end for about two minutes, says as little as possible and then leaves so he can bill the office visit. He has not adequately addressed my severe pain issues and he refuses to give me a referral to a pain management doctor. When they finally did prescribe a strong pain killer, they gave me one that aggravated my COPD and I wound up in the emergency room. If my insurance company had another Rheumatologist that would work for me in my area I would NOT be seeing this one! Beware!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

I see a lot of people there all the time. And he has treated us with a lot of good info./treatment for arthritis/pain. He is also very nice to the patients. And has a large/knowledgeable staff that does excellent service. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2009

Dr. Gerald Y. Ho's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Ameritas