Ratings for Dr. Nancy J. Gerber

This Doctor is incompetent, found out I had excellent insurance and Kept me in the Hospital for an extended period when other Doctor was going to release me 3 days prior. Refused to discharge me and kept making excuses for more tests even when I felt fine and she had no logical reason to hold me there. She had run so many tests , that the bill was sky high, so I could not do an AMA to leave due to the cost. It was an obvious attempt to commit Medical Insurance Fraud/Abuse , she should be charged and help accountable.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

Originally a patient of Dr Ikalowych and was very happy with her as a Doctor. Recently the office has changed abruptly with Dr. Gerber as the primary in the office. There was very little info saying Dr. Ikalowych will no longer be at the practice. I recently was scene at the ER with textbook gallbladder issues. I followed up the next day. Waited over an hour in the room. She came in and examined me but not checking the area of my gallbladder. Answered her cell phone during my examination! Her ability to diagnose me was weak and incompetent at best. I had to insist on an ultrasound. Her staff incorrectly noted the prescription given to me in my file. I had to go a second time to the ER and finally get diagnosed. By the way the ER had my condition found in 15 minutes. Dr. Gerber's office also let the STAT order slip over 24 hrs after the ER recommended I have the HIDAscan done. I will never refer her office to anyone ever. In addition I am leaving their care for a new Dr!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2013

With over 15 years with this medicine group, it seems like every year they became busier and busier with no direct contact with patients. You wait in the waiting room for 2 to 3 hours as the doctor is always behind seeing many more patients than possible. Most of the time you can get in with the P.A. In addition, after practice like this for many years and complaints, they have gone to a PAY plan that you now have to PAY $3200.00(for two) a year to see the doctor for more personalized care. I WAS OFFERED 50% OFF at $1600.00 PER MARIA as instructed by Dr. Gerber, so maybe the plan is not doing that well. I would ask for your 50% off fee too if you decide some reason to pay to see your doctor. I have found an incredible doctor in Roswell, that spends the time with you and has EXCELLENT ratings you should try him one time. Dr. Mitchell Hecht, On Hembree Road across from North Fulton Hospital. note they charge $40.00 per person to get your medical records from them!!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2009

I would never go back to Dr. Gerbers office! The staff is rude and the doctor herself rushed through and dismissed my questions.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2009

usually late but at least you know it going in. always has time for you. Very caring.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2009

PA that I saw was downright nasty a couple of times in response to questions. Lab staff was extremely rough when taking blood and caused me pain in that arm for months!! On days that I needed to get in same day to see Dr. I was seen at the end of day and the process took 2-3 hours! Dr. G herself was nice enough but I started to doubt her competence. Once she sent me for thyroid tests at a place she had an interest in and the tech told me that she couldn't understand why I was referred. Another time she insisted I had irritable bowel syndrome even though I told her my family members were experiencing the same gastric symptoms which would indicate another cause. I have since found another doctor.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2009

Dr. Nancy J. Gerber's Credentials

• Eastern Virginia Medical School (Grad. 1990)