Ratings for Dr. Stephen P. Cowley

I visited this doctor as a referral from American Family Care. I had injured my ankle and foot at home over the weekend and had an x-ray at AFC who referred me to Lemak Sports Medicine for a fractured foot and ankle. I carried my x-rays with me. Dr. Cowley was rude and abrupt after I had waited over an hour to see him. He told me my foot and ankle were not fractured just sprained then stomped out of the office without offering me any advice on how to manage my ankle and foot, that are swollen bruised and painful. He didn't offer me a return to work or make any suggestions whatsoever for care of my ankle. I wouldn't take my dog to see this doctor. Rudest doctor with worst bedside manner I might have ever seen.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2014

Dr. Cowley performed a left TKA and after weeks of being unable to get good flexibility, I told him that something was wrong with the knee and he asked me what I had done. I asked him what could be done and he said that he would have to put in a new knee. I told him that I wanted a 2nd opinion, knowing that there was no way that his man would ever do surgery on me! When the other surgeon redid the knee, he found that not only had the PCL become unattached, Dr. Cowley put in a knee that was far too large for me. After the 2nd surgery, I was told that I would probably never walk right, without limping, because of the muscular damage. This is a true story.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2009

Dr. Stephen P. Cowley's Credentials

• University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal