Ratings for Dr. Debra J. Garcia

I've been a patient for over a decade and have never had any unhappy experience with Dr. Garcia or her staff. (When dealing with the office staff it's helpful to be friendly and polite. They really don't like rude and demanding people.)

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Dr. Garcia has always been very pleasant and professional in her interactions with myself and my two children who are patients of hers. Sadly, her office staff is incredibly unprofessional and at times rude. I am basing this review on multiple interactions with multiple members of the office staff. The first couple of times I saw this kind of unprofessional behavior, I tried to put a positive spin on it and give the employees the benefit of the doubt, but sadly, I have come to realize that unprofessional, rude behavior is just what one can expect when dealing with the office staff at Dr. Garcia and Associates at the University Park Mall. We will not be returning. I feel badly for Dr. Garcia, because I don't think she probably knows how awful her staff is...

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

18 years I've been going to Dr Garcia and she's amazingly sweet and caring.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Very very happy with Dr. Garcia. I have had eye issues since childhood and she is by far the best OD I have been to. She is very gentle which is a top priority for me personally when the concern is my eyes. She is very knowledgeable and I feel that she gives me the same treatment she would her family. I have been very impressed with her and have actually googled her name just to make a positive recommendation. If that doesn't reflect positively on her as an OD, I don't know what will.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

The doctor explained every step of what she was doing during an eye examination, explained the results clearly afterwards, and took the time to answer any questions and concerns. I didn't think the staff were as professional - for one, they seemed to take a long time processing the very simple paperwork.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2013

Dr. Garcia listened to what was bothering me. She understood what I needed and helped me get through the exam comfortably. Her staff were attentive and I would recommend her to anyone. Thanks Dr. Garcia for your help!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2013

I just had the worst appointment in my whole life! After working with her associate to get contacts I was put in multi-focal lenses. This caused me dizziness and double vision. After wearing them I developed a neurological problem in my left eye due to the contact lenses. After months of seeing doctors and opthamologists I went back today to the office and explained the situation. She then put me in contact lenses for just far sitedness. At check out they handed me a bill of $45.00. I explained to them that I didn't think I should have to owe that since I already paid for my visit and the contacts given didn't work and caused serious problems to my eye. Dr. Garcia was very rude and disrespectful saying it was 'over 90 days'. After telling her that it is not my fault, she threw my chart on the desk and said just go back to your opthamologist then and mimicked me. She refused to give me my Rx for contacts. She is very unprofessional. I am going to write to the state board.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2013

I am very satisfied with Dr. Garcia's exam and office staff. My near-sight is severe and also need reading correction. I am using Bausch & Lomb Soft Lens (Multifocal). This is after trying Air Optix. Dr. Garcia has taken great care and TIME to be sure I can see correctly. Her staff is very nice and patient. I would highly recommend this office.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2012

This office was great!! I go every year with my family of 5. I would totally recommend her to any and everyone! The staff is great and very kind! Lovely office and very knowledgeable! A+++

flag | Submitted November 25, 2009

They were deceptive about the cost not covered by insurance. Also, they were just extremely difficult to work with to get my contact lens prescription since I didn't want to order contacts through them. In fact, they went ahead an billed my insurance for contacts anyway!!! Even though I had never agreed to order contacts with them. I hated them and will NEVER go back.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2009