Ratings for Dr. Stephen Y. Reed

He is arrogant and definitely all about the money. A costly ($5,000 for 2 eyes) premium lens implantation for cataracts had a bad outcome. First, at the initial consultation, Dr. Reed said that if I wasn't satisfied with lens type he could exchange it. Then when I did want the lens removed due to a serious lens type related complication he denied having said this. At each follow up he said directly contradictory things. I finally had to take TWO family members with me to each appointment to witness the constantly conflicting and changing things he said. His ego would not permit him to recognize that a patient of his had a bad outcome. Nor would he remedy it with the standard remedy for this type of problem. I finally was forced to go to a large regional eye center some distance away where the problem was immediately recognized. A second surgery replaced the lens with another type. The "bad outcome" symptoms disappeared.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2013

Very good doctor, helping my family with the glaucoma diagnosis. Trust him and his staff with my parents and grandparents and family eyes. also does great lasik and cataract surgery. his office also has all eye specialities as well as glasses. The wait time for the specialists can suck, but i don't feel like he rushes me out of the office; he answers all my questions

flag | Submitted April 26, 2013

This guy is all about the money. He originally told me my previous diagnosis of glaucoma was wrong. The next time I see him he wants to do a surgery that is for glaucoma patients. He is also very arrogant.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2009

Dr. Stephen Y. Reed's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1988)