Ratings for Dr. Jacqueline D. Cortez

This doctor is okay. The staff, however, was insensitive and unprofessional, as one of the girls said, "your fibroids are back with a revenge." Very inappropriate remark.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2017

Great doctor but the wait times are horrible! I'm here now. Appointment was at 9:40am and at 11:20 I still haven't been seen

flag | Submitted December 31, 2015

I love Dr Cortez! She is simply the BEST!! She provides many options and really cares about her patients!!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

When the office is running behind the delays have been excessive and/or frustrating. Otherwise I enjoy the staff, facility and Dr Cortez' attn.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2014

Horrible, incompetent staff. I made a road trip to come see her at my 6 week postpartum follow up appointment. Was confirmed over the phone that I had an appointment scheduled and confirmed, and then when I went there I was told that I was never scheduled in the system. The staff also said I could not be seen that day. I was so upset I almost about cried in the waiting room, yay thanks hormones. On top of that my newly delivered baby was having a meltdown in the waiting room so I rushed to feed her. The staff tried to kick me out because it was lunchtime for them. I was already settled down sitting in my chair and I did not want to move to an uncomfortable location outside. It was pretty rude. Other than that, Dr. Cortez is great. She knew all her stuff, and is very personable and friendly. I wish I had her when I delivered. She made me feel comfortable around her!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

I am a new patient and scheduled an appointment approx. one month in advance. The office called me to reschedule the first appointment I had on a Friday and failed to give me a reason. I went back this morning and when I arrived, the front office person told me that the doctor wasn't in and wouldn't be able to see me. Another nurse came up and said no one else could see me either. They didn't provide a reason for the doctor's absence nor make an apology for failing to call me to let me know. All they said was that they just found out she wouldn't be in. They're rude and the doctor's behavior is unprofessional. I will not return for a third attempt at being seen.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2012

Dr. Cortez is very personable, friendly, and positive. She and her staff always put a smile on my face at each and every appointment. She took excellent care of me and my baby throughout my pregnancy.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2012

Dr. Cortez is a bully. As a patient, I felt belittled and scared by her. Please, do not use her. She has a major superiority complex and was rude and unprofessional. Additionally, her wait time is unacceptable 30-45 minutes on average. No matter how good her skills are, she's not worth it. She delivered my son and I was traumatized by her behavior at the delivery. No one deserves to be treated the way she treated me.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2012

Dr. Cortez is my personal OBGYN and delivered my daughter. she is an amazing doctor with incredible bedside manner. she always makes you feel comfortable and is patient in explaining things. i would highly recommend her to friends and family.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2011

While she is not my personal OB/GYN, Dr. Cortez was one of the OB/GYNs who saw me during my hospital stay after c-section. I heard rumors from nursing staff about a doctor who rips the tape off the c-section scar the next day rather than allowing nurses to bathe the area to loosen it and slowly remove it--now I know who they were talking about. The day after my c-section, she came to my room, asked me how I was doing, and as I was telling her, she RIPPED it off me causing me great pain (the nurses winced). She is a D.O., not an M.D. (doesn't really matter, but thought I'd mention it since this website is called ratemds not ratedos.) She did a good job on my son's circumcision though. I've heard her patients really like her. I'm sure she's a great physician, but she really needs to stop traumatizing the c-section patients with her infamous "rip".

flag | Submitted December 6, 2010