Ratings for Dr. Shawn Edwards

I'm lucky to have him as a doctor for both myself and my kids. A very smart and caring professional. He asks questions and then lets you know what he thinks the issue is, what he is recommending and why. There is always a discussion of next steps , which makes me confident that I have a skilled healthcare provider I can trust. The fantastic RNs, office staff and other doctors at STAR round out a great healthcare experience.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2018

Dr Edwards is an amazing family dr. He is so helpful, I have never had to wait more than a day for an appointment and usually get in same day. He treats his patients with care and when he is unsure of something he looks it up. There is never a silly question and he is always eager to help, going above and beyond always. I feel extremely lucky having him as my family doctor.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

Saw Dr Edwards today, luckily I was early because they were ahead of schedule. I was in to see the Doctor, spoke with him for at least 15 minutes and was out again before my scheduled appointment time! And Dr Edwards had a broken collarbone on top of that! Today was just a small example of the excellent care and service that I, and my two children, have received at this office from Dr Edwards, the Nurse Practitioners, the Nurses, and the Admin staff. I'm so grateful and thankful to be with the Star Family Health Team and with Dr Edwards. I have nothing to fear or be anxious about when I visit him, as I know I will receive the best care. And if he happens to not have an answer right away, he will immediately take the time to look it up, or confer with a colleague so that we have some kind of answer or at least a path to take to get to an answer. I couldn't ask for a better doctor.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

Great bed side manner, staff very professional and very accomadating in terms of getting in to see the doctor

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Will look things up if he is not sure. Very helpful and will try his best to solve the problems.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

I've had nothing but terrible experiences. It's been very frustrating dealing with him and wouldn't recommend him to anyone

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

This physician does not always listen to your needs and concerns. During my visits with him, he makes me feel like I am an inconvenience and does not take my concerns seriously and seems to slough them off like it is not a big deal. As I do not book an appointment for every sliver, runny nose, etc, I feel he should realize if I come to see him, I have concerns about the issue at hand. Very disappointed with the service I have received.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2016

As a health care provider myself, I have been very impressed with Dr. Edwards quality of care. He consulted me regarding which blood tests I would like to run, promptly obtained a referral to a specialist in town and discussed his clinical impressions with me and took the time to have a productive conversation. He is very down to earth and will concede that certain treatments or therapies are not within his area of expertise. Very aware of current research guidelines and willing to look for guidance outside of the typical scope. I am grateful to be both a patient and co-manage several patients with Dr. Edwards.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

A very thoughtful and well-mannered doctor. Humble enough that if he doesn't know the answer to your question he will ask another physician or research the issue instead of dismissing your concerns. We're so grateful to have him as our family doctor.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

Dr. Edwards is an excellent doctor. He listens to and respects my opinion as far as My personal medical needs are concerned . He is patient and attentive. He respects My rights as a patient and is always willing to help in any reasonable way He can. The staff at his clinic are nice and always willing to help Me with paper work. They always do there best to make sure My medical care is as uncomplicated as it can be.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013