Ratings for Dr. Vincent Thien

Just had my colonoscopy July 2017, and my experience with Dr. Thien and ALL his staff was tops .He was gentle, taking the time to explain before and after the procedure. Joanne (office) was so helpful and Marianne (nurse) very cheerful - all were to be highly recommended. Can't say enough positive things about everyone involved. So glad I dealt with such a compassionate staff.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! Dr. Thien was on vacay for 2 weeks unbeknownst to patients. Voice system says he's on vacay AND to fax in scripts to be filled. My pharmacist did that on August 2. NO response. Dr. Thien is now back on the 15th. It's now August 18th, still NO response. Left 2 messages, NO response as to why script is not renewed. Pharmacist faxes script renewal again on August 17th. NO response. Pathetic!! How the heck do you leave a voice message saying the doc is on vacay AND to fax in scripts as per usual with NO back-up doc to sign off??? So patients are to be without medication for 2+ weeks?? Finally had to book an appt with GP to get script filled. Obviously this doc doesnt care about patients. There has to be some notification system in place so patients know when to fax scripts in when the doc is gone.. OR have a back up doc to sign off on renewals. Just an absolute mess... I can imagine a pile of 20-30 script renewals on his desk unsigned by patients that need their meds. 4-letter words is appropriate here but I know it would be held for censorship. *frustrated & annoyed*

Submitted August 18, 2016

I had a very compassionate, knowledgeable and very supportive experience, with this wonderful Doctor, his super friendly Nurse and within the facility at the North Scarborough Endoscopy Clinic, where they are located. These procedures are always quite stress filled, somewhat uncomfortable in the prepping, but on Thursday June 16, 2016, thay all made me feel wonderful and relieved!! I would highly recommend them..Ginny M.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

Great professional team at the North Scarborough Endoscopy Clinic. Dr. Thien was professional and explained my procedure. I had a gastroscopy/colonoscopy and was in and out of the clinic in about 1 hour and I felt terrific afterwards. I was so impressed that I sent my dad and wife to Dr. Thien for their procedures. I would highly recommend Dr. Thien!!!!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

Dr Thien was the attending doctor of my mom during her two stays in hospital. He is a genuine caring Physician and shows his care to patients. He visited my mom in the very early morning (around 7:30am) everyday to see how she was doing, make sure my mom is fine both physically and internally before discharge her. Dr Thien is compassionate and eager to understand concerns from his patient's perspective. It is our treasure to have such specialist in Scarborough.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

Professional team at the North Scarborough Endoscopy Clinic. Dr. Thien was professional, thoroughly explained my procedure and is a genuine caring Physician. I had a gastroscopy/colonoscopy and was in and out of the clinic in about 1 hour and I felt terrific afterwards. I highly recommend Dr. Thien

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

Great doctor. looked after me when I was rushed to hospital with diverticulosis complications. And have been seeing him of and on for about 5 years. Would definitely recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

Receptionist is nice but is a slacker... Often makes excuses as to why this is late or that is late as to appointments. Didnt return messages that were left as "important" on message system 2 weeks earlier. Made to wait 20 min long in order to sign in for my appt becuz she was having an off-topic convo with a patient about plants and gardening. Annoying! Old school 1st gen worker. Not up to date on today's requirement where efficiency and time management is important to patients. As for Dr. Thien he is an excellent gastro doctor. Absolutely ZERO issues with Thien. It's annoying that the receptionist doesnt match the same standards.

Submitted September 22, 2015

Agree with previous comment, Excellent doctor and staff

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

Excellent doctor and staff. Helped so much. Made my quality of life 100% better. Helped me understand my situation.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015