Ratings for Dr. J. William Lavalley

Dr. Lavalley not only is a licensed Medical Doctor but he is also a Homeopathic Doctor. His appointments usually run about 2 hours, not your usual 15 minutes like most doctors. He is not quick to suggest prescriptions and offers alternative medicine. As we all know prescription drugs usually come with side effects. He treats every patient as an individual case. Most doctors make comparisons based on other patients and their results. He will do a complete profile designed just for your needs. His fee is well worth the vast knowledge that he has.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2013

Nova Scotia is very blessed to have a Dr who actually practices ,"FIRST DO NO HARM"

flag | Submitted September 30, 2012

He is a life saver, for my mental wellbeing. I have suffered in the past from depression and anxiety. Told me exactly where to get help, and what books to read. He told me what I have been hoping that psychiatrists and psychologists would tell me for years. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2012

I have MCS and Dr LaValley helped me a lot. I feel much better now. The Environmental Clinic in Fall River didn't help me at all. I highly recommend Dr LaValley.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2011

Doctor LaValley is years ahead of his time. I was diagnosed with a severe autoimmune disease and am healthy today because of his willingness to do the hard detective work to come up with an accurate diagnosis and effective treatment. Words cannot describe how grateful I am to have him in Nova Scotia.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2010

This doctor is a wonderful man he helped treat my mothers lung cancer he cares enough to call to see how she was doing. He mixes Proven natural medicine with conventional and I believe that it really works if you keep with it. I have nothing bad to say about this man he is years ahead of conventional doctors. My mother had 3 doses of chemo and high dose of radiation and I firmly believe that the supplements and things other prescription drugs are what made her so strong and be able to do her normal every day thing for over 2 years. When others were being wheeled to the doctor in a wheel chair my mother was walking in by herself and even up stairs every doctor she went to were amazed how she could walk in under her own power after all of that.. I would recommend him to anyone who has cancer and wants another option .

flag | Submitted June 23, 2009

Made me feel my diagnosis was "all in my head" when it was in fact physical. This doctor is opposed to asthmatic children taking prednisone for severe exacerbations. He told my parents not listen to IWK doctors. He is apparently also opposed to immunization. If I were a parent, I would avoid him, and would take my children to the IWK for specialized care. Natural medicine was not my cup of tea. Years later, I still wander what my parents were thinking. Take your children to the IWK, please, they are the child experts! Natural does not mean safe. Sometimes meds like prednisone are necessary.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2009