Ratings for Dr. Richard A. Del Rio

Very helpful and understanding. Given the conditions I was going through he made me at ease.Plus he is bilingual and translated for my wife to understand.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2013

I've been seeing Dr. Del Rio for over a year now. He's been very helpful in understanding my condition (barrett's esophagus, hiatal hernia) When the scope procedure he was great at keeping my nerves at bay. I have been very pleased with him.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2011

Dr. Del Rio is probably the best out of the bunch at Digestive Disease Consultants, but as he works with Dr. Sharma, who nearly killed a woman in surgery from his mistakes, and Dr. Myers, who has numerous 1.0 reviews, that's not saying much. Del Rio was somewhat condescending towards me at the main appointment and was not very willing to listen to my complaints, cutting me off constantly after literally two words. When I went in for a procedure, he only spoke to the nurses beforehand and did not bother to see or debrief me afterwards. I had no idea if my procedure went okay, and it was only after I waited a week to get the results (you call a special phone line that leaves a short recorded message in a personal inbox) that I found that cancer was suspected! (The results were thankfully benign.) However, considering the severity of the issue, I think I should have been told something was wrong after the surgery. Overall, Del Rio may have potential, but he needs to learn to show it.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2009

Dr. Richard A. Del Rio's Credentials

• Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

Benesys