Ratings for Dr. Meena W. Shatby

Dr. Shatby is a very talented surgeon. However, the staff at The Woodlands Sports Medicine is horrendous. Unfortunately in today's money hungry physician practices, MD's find the cheapest most inefficient people to run the office, because the MD's want all of the money. It is sad that office staff can ruin a physician's reputation, but that is what is occurring. Hopefully, I will never need another orthopedic surgery, but if I do, I will find someone else just because of the inefficiency of the office.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

Dr. Shatby is a gifted surgeon with impressive credentials and is much in demand. Be prepared for your appointment. I had a typed and formatted paper of my diagnoses, medications, allergies, and physicians ready to hand to him. I recorded our appointment, which he did not mind in the least. Most importantly, any questions I had for him I also had typed and ready to hand to him, and had phrased the questions as specifically as possible. He gladly answered every one of them in detail. His demeanor is matter-of-fact and to the point, while still exuding sympathy and awareness of the impact of a troubling diagnosis. I have great confidence in him.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2016

surgury for broken heel bone. Dr Shatby explained options pros/cons clearly. Spent time answering every question. Surgery was very successful and followup appointments were also punctual and again helpful with answers to every question. Very helpful monitoring the rehab as well. Strongly recommend Dr Shatby.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

Dr. Shatby is knowledgeable and a good surgeon. We always have to wait even though he has no patients. Last time was nearly 2 hours waiting. His protocol is different from some of the other doctors and healing seems to take longer. He is big on casts to aid healing but these generally tend to slow it. Would generally reccommend but we wish he would get to patients in a more timely fashion.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2010

I had 3 appointments with this guy. First time he made me get extensive x-rays that showed nothing more than existing x-rays already showed, and then made me get an MRI anyway. He also kept me waiting a very long time. For visit #2, he kept me waiting an hour and claimed to not have me on his schedule, even though I was checked in and my information was sent back to his staff. I expressed my dissatisfaction to him and his staff for wasting and not respecting my time, and he apologized. Yet for visit #3 I booked his first appointment of the day, at 8 a.m. and it took 25 minutes just for a nurse to bring me back, when all the other doctors' nurses brought their patients back promptly at 8 a.m. When I went back I saw the doctor in his office on the computer and heard the nurse tell him I was in the room, yet I waited 25 minutes more and then decided enough is enough and left.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

Dr. Shatby is a foot specialist and he's been seeing me for a year due an injury in one of my feet. He is great! Very nice, caring, spend all the time needed with the patient, answers all the questions you may have, and explains everything. Dr. Shatby is a very smart doctor and does all he can to solve your problem and/or ease your pain. I am very happy with him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2009

Dr. Meena W. Shatby's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 2006)

Pacificare