Ratings for Dr. Nicole Johnson

We have been seeing Dr. Johnson a few years. I don't think she is a bad doctor. I think she is just one of the typical Rheumatologist trained with conventional method that may not be opened to other natural medicine. We were prescribed with drug that clearly state will not treat RA and listed with harmful side effect. Even with small dosage, I absolutely will not give them to my child. If you ask her, she can't even tell you the cause of RA. I recently found out a lot of convincing information online about how auto-immune disease triggers due to dietary reason or environmental toxicity. Many success stories that shows conventional drug is not the answer to the healing of RA. There are internal conference and seminar that discuss the cause and solution to auto-immune disease. I will suggest everyone to get 2nd opinion if in doubt. This isn't just about this particular doctor, it's a general feedback and suggestion for everyone. My child has less stiffness and less pain in her joint since she changed her diet without using any drug !

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

Dr Johnson is very personable, compassionate and not in a rush. We've net her for the first time today, and I am highly impressed. She didn't leave one stone unturned, very thorough! Even rescheduled one of our related referral appointment herself.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

We love Dr. Johnson. She is absolutely an amazing rheumatolgist. My daughter has been seeing her since she was 18 mths old and now she is 9. She is very knowledgeable and thorough. I have never feel rushed with any appointments with her. She always listens to our problems and provides solutions. She even gives us referrals when she feels it is out of her hands. She is amazing! She always asks if we have questions and never pushes us out the door. Our daughter loves her. She's gentle and has is so good with kids. She is straightforward and tells you as it is which I can see why some people may have a problem with. If you don't follow her instructions she does give you a lecture but that to me means she really cares about the welfare of your child. She genuinely seems to really enjoy her job! I can't ask for anyone better!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

Worst rheumatologist we have come across in 10 years! She came on service a few days after our child was admitted to ACH during a flare-up that we couldn't get under control. She even went so far as to state if our child could just see a psychologist her pain would improve. Our child is an unusual case, and because she didn't fit into a simple box Dr. Johnson tried to convince us her flare up was psychological! Our child has been a patient of the rheumatology dept for over 10 years, very glad Dr. Johnson isn't our assigned rheumatologist. I can't say enough good things about ACH and the staff. Dr. Johnson was the first time we encountered being ignored by a physician. She wouldn't even respond when the nurses tried to find out what was going on. She told us one thing, then did another with our child's tests, including an MRI with no warning that caused extreme pain & mental trauma to our child.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

Doesnt listen or wasnt helpful. My daughter was having symptoms, went for testing etc. She had abnormal blood tests come back and neurology had sent us to a rheumatologist. This was when I got the pleasure of meeting Johnson. My daughter tested high positive SSA/ro 60, borderline ANA and I didn't find this out until AFTER I request copies of her health records because I was getting no answers from anyone. Johnson had originally told me she will be keeping my daughter record open for 6 months so if I need to make an appt I can. I tried within a couple months (after I read my daughter health record) but she refused to see us again. So here we sit....my 14 yr old tested positive for Sjogrens but no one told me, file closed i feel like it's a ticking time bomb. I am doing my best to keep my daughter healthy without the help from useless drs who dont care

flag | Submitted May 30, 2014

She is the most amazing doctor! I wish all doctors were like her! She is thorough with her examinations. She is always so personable with my daughter who she diagnosed since she was 18 mths old. She just gets down to her level and talks! My daughter loves going to her. She gives helpful advice and not afraid to refer you to someone else if she doesn't know the answer. She listens to the patient as well as the parent and is thoughtful of what advice to give. I just wish all doctors were like her. You can just tell she truly cares about every patient in her care. She was so respectful of my time when I was being rushed to another appointment and made sure she saw me on time and finished up on time. I wish every doctor was like her!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2013

Dr. Johnson is AWESOME! My girls have been seeing her since 2007 for JRA (juvenile rheumatoid arthritis) and they just love her! She is very knowledgeable and thorough in her examinations and she takes time to answer all of our questions. She's great! I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a pediatric rheumatologist.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013

Dr Johnson has been my doctor for years, she has done an amazing job and has helped me bring my rhemutaoid arthritis to remission. She is WONDERFUL. Best doctor I have ever had.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2012

Dr. Nicole Johnson is awesome!!! My two daughters see her for rheumatoid arthritis.She is caring, thorough and very patient. I couldn't have asked fora better specialist for my children.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2010

My family loves Dr Johnson. My Daughter has a multisystem autoimmune disease and rheumatoid arthritis and Dr Johnson always takes the time to explain her condition thouroughly to us and makes sure she understands what is going on. I wish I could see her for my arthritis. Thanks so much Dr Johnson don't know what we would do without you

flag | Submitted October 31, 2010