Ratings for Dr. Amy Sorensen

Dr. Sorensen is amazing! I came to her not only having a pulmonary issue but also heart problems. Dr. Sorensen was extremely thorough and was pro active in getting me more in depth tests than the hospital did. In doing that, she relieved my fears of a more severe diagnosis I received from the hospital, actually helped in my heart diagnosis, found me good specialist when other symptoms arose and she was good about keeping in touch with my other doctors so that they were all on the same page. She took a lot of time with me and genuinely cared for me as a whole person, emotionally and physically. I would highly recommend her to anyone! You don't always find doctors like her!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

Dr. Sorensen is very knowledgeable, but I was really disappointed with the professional loyalty she showed to another pulmonologist who has done nothing to help my mother in over two years of visits. Dr. Sorensen even went so far as to contradict herself with regard to the other doctor's diagnosis and prescribed medicine. (The other pulmonogist diagnosed COPD; Dr. Sorensen diagnosed RLD, which has symtoms opposite to those of COPD. She stated the medicine prescribed for COPD (Xopenex) would not help RLD, yet wrote on the patient instructions sheet that my mom should continue with Xopenex, as prescribed by her other doctor. Note: He prescribed this medicine only after I complained that nothing was being done to alleviate my mom's dyspnea. I guess my mom is supposed to take a medicine that won't even help her so the prescribing doctor isn't offended? I won't take my mom to Dr. Sorensen again because it seems she cares more about professional loyalty than she does about the patient.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2010

Dr. Sorensen is an awesome doctor. She is very smart and will spend as much time with you as you need. Unfortunately she couldn't fix or solve my problem, but she tried everything imaginable to do so. I definitely recommend her as a pulmonologist, she's the only one out of 5 i've had, that I actually believed cared about my problem, and believed it existed.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2009

Dr. Sorensen is awesome. She seems to care so much about her patients. She is not rushed and spends a long time in the room with me whenever I see her. She is very thorough. Even though she is a pulmonologist, she will treat you as a whole person. I would recommend her to everyone!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2009

Very professional and friendly. Extremely in-depth exam. Spent a lot of time with me. Staff also very helpful.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2009