Ratings for Dr. Patrick Daniels

Really good psychiatrist. Helpful and professional

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

Staff - I had a receptionist make my appointment. I saw them when I went in for my appointment. No major dealings with them other than that. They were nice. Punctuality - He was very late and did not make up for lost time. Then lied in the report about the assessment running at full length. Not running the full appointment time then had effects on me. I did not have a full and fair assessment. This resulted in a declined claim through ACC. Helpfulness - his report was heavily flawed and had full blown lies in it. Such as I answered a question with “no” and he wrote that I said yes. Knowledge - his approach to the mental impairment assessment was weak. I’ve since had a reassessment by another Dr and have the two approaches to compare against. Dr Daniels was poor.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2017

Didn't have to wait long to be seen and staff were good. The assessment was thorough and provided a detailed report that was very useful for my treatment.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

I was pleased to have been referred to Dr Daniels for an independent medical assessment. Was gentle and kind.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2017

Really nice doctor. Was helpful to my daughter with depression

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

I saw Dr Daniels for an Independent Fitness for Duty assessment arranged by my employer. While I was initially surprised at having been referred to a psychiatrist, however Dr Daniels took the time to explain to me the reasons for the assessment, and then provided a detailed report that was very helpful in getting me back to work. Thanks!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2017

Saw Dr Daniels last year. Kind to me and was able to identify problem that had been missed by other doctors for years.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

I am not a Workcover malingerer. I gave this doctor the benefit of the doubt after reading all the comments and hoped for the best. I should have taken notice of the poor ratings. This person approximately halved the appointment time, he would have very little to no idea of how this has affected my daily life, such as it is now. He basically read from the previous doctor's reports about the cause of my injury, which has already been established as a long term WC case. His task was to rate the ongoing impairment - I felt the report was written before I arrived. I was uncomfortable and uneasy from the moment I set eyes on him, very strange fellow. Be wary. I agree - record the meeting though I wouldn't let him know. Maybe he has a different approach with his private patients, but in this flawed system where the insurer pays the 'independent medical examiner' he obviously knows who signs the cheques. I would like to see how much time he charged!

Submitted July 9, 2014

Great, helpful and caring doctor. The unhappy people seem to only be workcover malingerers. If you are genuine, then you won't have an issue with this fantastic man.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2014

A medico legal psychiatrists who is bias at best when treating patients. His reports contain inaccurate diagnosis made usually based on his impaired claims & opinions rather than the facts. If you are seeing him for any W/cover, TAC or other insurer visit, then BEWARE & I strongly recommend that you request to tape the session to prevent him from make false accusations and putting words in your mouth.

Submitted February 10, 2014