Ratings for Dr. Nizar Bahlis

I have been in his care since 2005 and am in remission now. All I can say that he is caring, compassionate, knowledgeable and is backed up by an excellent capable team. Thank you Dr Bahlis for giving me a new lease of life and thank you Marcia for your help when i go to the clinic for my regular check ups . I am so blessed to have you all.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

I have always received outstanding care from Dr Bahlis. I also get care in France, and my French doctors have said that he gave me top notch care for a very unusual blood condition. I am probably his only patient with Mastocytosis, and yet he is very knowledgeable about it!!! An excellent and compassionate doctor, with an excellent team behind him. Thank you doctor Bahlis, and Marcia. We are lucky to have you.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

Great bedside manner, clear and precise diagnosis, bang on!!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

Thank you to Dr Bahlis and the staff at the Tom Baker Cancer Center for the outstanding care for our mother over the years with her long battle with Multiple Myeloma.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

What a Man, his life is dedicated to his patients, he is on the cutting edge of all the new treatments, he goes above and beyond his profession, he has tried for 4 years to keep my husband well, sometimes it works other times it does not, but he is willing to always look for another solution, we are coming to the end of what is on offer, but even though we are in out last month he still gave us the dignity of explaining to us that time is running out. Thank you Dr Bahlis

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

We lost our sister t o Multple Myeloma less than two years after diagnosis. Dr. Bahlis was unfailingly optimistic about possible treatment outcomes, to the point where he waited too long to guide us to paliative care. Some members of the hematology team were not knowledgable about what treatments are available to a person who has days or hours to live. Because of their lack of this information, or unwillingness to communicate with our familyWe learned too late that end stage multiple myeloma patients CAN receive chemotherapy , blood transfusions, oxygen etc. Antipsychotic medications can also help the sick person suffer less as the disease takes over. It is wonderful to be hopeful, and Dr. Bahlis helped my sister in that way. It would be wonderful if hematology could work together with paliative care to reduce the suffering when death is close.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2013

If it were not for this man my husband would have died from his multiple myeloma 2 years ago .Dr Bahlis is never on time but he is worth the wait and I consider my husband is in extremely capable hands and is enjoying 100 percent remission because of this team at Tom Baker Cancer Hospital .We are very grateful to Dr Bahlis and his wife Dr Paula for the complete turnaround in my husbands health .Thanks and Bless you .

flag | Submitted April 20, 2013

If you want someone who CARES and is very Knowledgeable the Dr. Bahlis is your man. The entire team at the Tom Baker centre are absoluetly the best I have ever seen. I have always been looked after with a smile and a pat on the back or a hug when really needed. As a patient or with my needed care giver only the best treatment fron the best team.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2011

Dr Bahlis should be an example to all hospital staff on bedside compassion. Dr. Bahlis represent a positive outlook to patients that are very ill and gives them hope to fight for a better outcome. Dr Bahliss Thank you for your knowledge, hard work and dedication.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2010

Dr. Nizar Bahlis's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been in his care since 2005 and am in remission now. All I can say that he is caring, compassionate, knowledgeable and is backed up by an excellent capa..."

January 26, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have always received outstanding care from Dr Bahlis. I also get care in France, and my French doctors have said that he gave me top notch care for a very unu..."

November 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great bedside manner, clear and precise diagnosis, bang on!!"

September 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. " Thank you to Dr Bahlis and the staff at the Tom Baker Cancer Center for the outstanding care for our mother over the years with her long battle with Multiple ..."

September 21, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "We are so lucky that we had Dr. Bahlis as our Mom's doctor. He never gave up and was always looking for more ways to take care of our Mom. "

July 15, 2015