Ratings for Dr. Dan L. Burkhead

I have NEVER even met this doctor. The doctor I did meet (no longer works there) only spent 10 minutes with me. I was unknowIngly REASSIGNED to PA Albo. She has repeatedly demonstrated her lack of medical knowledge in regards to my diagnosis. She has consistently denied MY residual pain associated with previous surgeries, including a lamanectomy, craniotomy, and duraplasty. PA Albo has made attempts to dismiss my pain rather than attempt to educate herself so she could understand my pain. When a patient telephones with questions, their staff is excessively rude and willfully ignorant. Their telephone etiquette and substandard level of customer service skills are evident that the staff needs immediate corrective action training in this area. Between PA Albos blatant ignorance and disregard for patients' well-being, the staff's evident lack of professionalism, the absence of Dr. Burkhead's careless oversight of his entire staff, his establishment has breached the standard of care, caused injury to one of their patients, which in turn has provided multiple opportunities for a medical malpractice lawsuit.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

I love this guy! He listens to me & has a great supporting staff! He is the first doctor in two years that didn't blow off my problems like it was "minor pain". I will go back to him in a heartbeat if I have to get further treatment!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2013

I absolutely love the way I was treated! Except for one woman on his office staff, the rest of his staff are amazing! I had to have a nerve ablation and they treated me like a queen. The doctors are quite knowledgable and informative. They really care about their patients, not like what I have seen lately with some doctors who I shall not name. These other doctors need to get off their GOD complexes and DO NO HARM! I am truly blessed to have finally found a great pain doctor! From the procedure I had this morning, I know that I will never go to another pain doctor. The procedure room staff, well they make you very comfortable on the table and tell you everything that they are doing, which helps a lot to calm you down an make you relax. I am going to have another nerve ablation in two weeks, and I can't wait to go! This is the way the old time doctors used to do it before HMO,s. the Innovative Pain Care Center is a real treasure hidden away.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2013

Dr. Burkhead and PA Dale Delaney are amazing, but Dr Burkhead's supporting staff is nasty and horribly rude. Especially Stephanie who will yell at you to your face but especially likes to over the phone and who takes pride in her disrespectful filthy attitude. Then you have incompentent Desirae, and the unprofessional anesthesiologist. It's unreal really that a Dr with as much knowledge and care toward patients employs such low life people. The only reason I don't go somewhere else and put up with being treated like less than dirt to my face and over the phone every time I am forced to interact with these people is because Dr Burkhead & Dale Delaney are amazing, caring professionals. It just is really a shame that someone can't reign in the low-class supporting staff.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2013

He will listen to you, like really listen. Any procedures are well described and presented as options not ultimatums. Worth an office visit to see what he has to offer in your case. My experience was very positive and he ended up saving me the use of my leg.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2011

flag | Submitted March 27, 2009

Dr. Dan L. Burkhead's Credentials

• Wayne State Univ Sch Of Med, Detroit Mi 48201 (Grad. 1994)