Ratings for Dr. Andrew Scarfe

Dr.Scarfe, this message is directed at you! I've never had such a horrible experience under such an extremely emotional time dealing with my husband's terminal illness. You are rude! condescending! When did you stop! Becoming teachable? Try taking the cotton balls out of your ears....stick them in your mouth! And become teachable! Particularly about the human spirt. Under no circumstances should you ever speak down to your patient or their Family members because they ask you to reiterate something! You are an ☆ss! Sir....you need to gather a bedside manner which has compassion. Totally discussted with the way you handle your so called practice! Your parents would not!!! Be proud!!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

This Dr Scarce is what you would call beyond pathetic he thinks he's fooling people . Trying yo come on as thou he had compassion when he totally lacks this very important part of treating human beings with these life altering illnesses. Dr scarce would rather let a patient suffer with pain then to offer a relief to them I wonder if Dr.scarce would feel this way if he we're diagnosed with this horrible disease if any of you new patients get him ad a Dr. Beware stay clear the man is a Farce and a joke to all the rest of the great Drs in this world.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

I felt so sorry my mom had to deal with Dr. Scarfe and his terrible bed side manner. He is very matter of fact and clinical without empathy. He may be a knowledgeable Dr. but this is overshadowed by his nonchalant manner in which he dismisses personal feelings and emotions. He also always needs to be right in a discussion and didn't provide a safe environment for questions. He ignored another specialist's opinion which I believe changed the outcome of my moms treatment. He also thought it was ok to tell her he was stopping her treatment (day before chemo appointment) when she was alone (no support for this news), because he thought she should have had an inclination she was going to get this news anyway. Unexceptable

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

Dr Scarfe is a great oncologist who is always on time and never rushed me out the door. He tries his best to answer my questions and I have emailed him asking him I call me, he called me first thing the next morning. He always discusses treatment options with me and I feel like in in good hands

flag | Submitted June 28, 2014

The worst experience I had ever encountered with this doctor. His focus is not helping the patient instead it is sending them home to die without making any efforts to look into different treatment options. I feel that he is very insensitive, carless and not making any efforts to prolong the patient's life where he is focusing in convincing everyone else to cut the patient's life short. If I would get cancer, I would choose to die instead of accepting his treatment, that would be the best choice. Everything I am saying is true and very sad that a close family member had to suffer under his care. Just be careful with who you get if you need cancer treatment. He smiles and try to be nice but all is fake. You can tell from the way his poor involvement with the patient. Never available and hard to get a hold of. Even if you do find him, he will try to convince you to take the life away sooner. Unfortunately, this is a true experience.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

Dr. Scarfe is an amazing Oncologist that truly cares about his patients well being. Thank you Dr. Scarfe for taking the time to explain all to me & I know you are there if needed.Maureen Stewart

flag | Submitted September 9, 2013

This is an amazing man. You could not ask for a better Dr. He tells it like it is, with compassion and understanding. It takes a special person to be in this line of work, and he is very much at the top of the list. I have never felt so supported, and understood. He NEVER forgets that you are a person first, and no matter what his workload is he alway manages to make you feel like you are the most important person he has to see that day. The most important though is how he can take difficult to understand medical processes and decisions and break them down for the average person to understand. Thank you Dr Scarfe!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013

The man couldn't be more knowledgeable, through and diligent. Has a nice sense of humor too.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2012

Here we were: my wife had colon cancer, and Dr Scarfe had to tell us that her cancer was at Stage 4 and not curable. He did so clearly, yet compassionately. He explained the possible treatment options and helped us through this very difficult time. Over the course of the treatment he, and the whole team at the WW Cross Cancer Institute were over the top in being so kind and yet so very professional.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2012

Dr. Scarfe was my oncologist for a very scary breast cancer experience starting in July 2008. He was amazingly wonderful in every possible way. Dr. Scarfe is a blessing to the city of Edmonton.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2012