Ratings for Dr. Andrew Scarfe

He has been there for me all the way. Very caring and he answers all question you ask. Very loving Doctor!!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Dr Scarfe is the Gold Standard for Oncologists. He listens, he cares, he follow-through asap, he has a sense of humor, he is knowledgeable & takes time to answer questions. I would not be here writing this rating without him.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

I am totally shocked with all the negative comments about this most amazing, caring, and knowledgeable oncologist. I would not recommend anyone other than Dr. Scarfe. If you are currently being treated by him, rest assured, you are in good hands!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

I am surprised to so many negative reviews on Dr Scarfe. I am currently seeing him and have found him to be extremely knowledgable, very patient, a good listener and very responsive to my needs and concerns. It's true he is not overly compassionate however that is just his personality, being very focused on ensuring he is providing the best possible care. I have never found him to be condescending at all. He is an oncologist not a kindergarten teacher, I will take his expert care anyway over someone who doesn't know what they are doing but will give you a hug on the way out.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

It's a year today that my husband passed away. I've been trying to let go of the anger but have been struggling. I have decided that I need to say a few things about how my husband was treated while he was in Dr Scarfe's care. Right from the first meeting both my husband and I found Dr Scarfe very condescending. He never listened to what my husband was telling him. For months my husband told Dr Scarfe that something was wrong. But Dr Scarfe wouldn't listen convinced that he knew best. Out of pure frustration with Dr Scrafe I made an appointment for my husband to see the surgeon who saved his life a few months earlier. The appointment was for a Friday. The Thursday night before this appointment my husband started having excruciating pain in his leg and hip. I called Dr Scarfe as soon as he arrived in his office the next morning to inform him of the situation so he could give my husband something for pain and find out what was happening. He told his assistant to transfer the call to the triage line so I could tell a nurse. We waited on hold for hours and didn't get to speak to anyone. Meantime I brought my Husband to the surgeon's office. The surgeon took one look at him and said there's something very wrong here. He prescribed meds for the pain and ordered a bone scan. He also questioned why Dr Scarfe wasn't doing more. The surgeon said they would call us in the am with an appointment time for the test. Thankfully my husband had pain killers now because it was going to be a very difficult weekend for him. On Monday Dr Scarfe called and basically contradicted what the surgeon said. He said he couldn't justify running expensive tests just because my husband was scared. I can still hear the condescension in Dr Scarfe's voice and see the look on my husbands face. It haunts me. Then later that day Dr Scarfe called again. He now wanted to do those expensive tests no doubt because he'd gotten the report from the surgeon. My husband did the tests and on Friday we found out that yes in fact it was now in the bones and he was now terminal. Six weeks later my husband passed away. Dr Scarfe wasted the chance the surgeon had given my husband. He didn't show compassion at any point. In fact he caused my husband much anxiety and stress by simply not listening. Out of frustration there were times my husband asked me to communicate for him as I cared for him at home and knew. But Dr Scarfe would place his hand in my face and refuse to listen. Dr Scarfe's cold demeanour and callus attitude towards my husband life caused much pain and suffering and still does. No one should have to endure that kind of treatment especially from your own doctor. I feel bad for those patients assigned to Dr Scarfe.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2016

If I would have had the choice of doctors, right away after my first visit with Dr. Scarfe, I would never have chosen him....he has no bedside manner, he was casual and with no compassion , his personality was cold and as-a-matter-of-fact. I was so scared, just being diagnosed with cancer. After seeing him, I was more depressed and didn't want to go back again.... Then after 2 surgeries...I did go back...because I felt I had no choice, he was assigned to my case.....and thanks to the great doctor who performed my surgeries, I had a better understanding and felt I could deal better . Well, I learned that Dr. Scarfe was intimidating and the questions and answers were a challenge.... He has no feeling for human spirit...he also has no sensitivity to a persons desperation for survival .Maybe he would be better going into the 'research' end of cancer and leave the patients with doctors who have a some compassion and understanding of the human spirit.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2016

Dr.Scarfe, this message is directed at you! I've never had such a horrible experience under such an extremely emotional time dealing with my husband's terminal illness. You are rude! condescending! When did you stop! Becoming teachable? Try taking the cotton balls out of your ears....stick them in your mouth! And become teachable! Particularly about the human spirt. Under no circumstances should you ever speak down to your patient or their Family members because they ask you to reiterate something! You are an ☆ss! Sir....you need to gather a bedside manner which has compassion. Totally discussted with the way you handle your so called practice! Your parents would not!!! Be proud!!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

This Dr Scarce is what you would call beyond pathetic he thinks he's fooling people . Trying yo come on as thou he had compassion when he totally lacks this very important part of treating human beings with these life altering illnesses. Dr scarce would rather let a patient suffer with pain then to offer a relief to them I wonder if Dr.scarce would feel this way if he we're diagnosed with this horrible disease if any of you new patients get him ad a Dr. Beware stay clear the man is a Farce and a joke to all the rest of the great Drs in this world.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

I felt so sorry my mom had to deal with Dr. Scarfe and his terrible bed side manner. He is very matter of fact and clinical without empathy. He may be a knowledgeable Dr. but this is overshadowed by his nonchalant manner in which he dismisses personal feelings and emotions. He also always needs to be right in a discussion and didn't provide a safe environment for questions. He ignored another specialist's opinion which I believe changed the outcome of my moms treatment. He also thought it was ok to tell her he was stopping her treatment (day before chemo appointment) when she was alone (no support for this news), because he thought she should have had an inclination she was going to get this news anyway. Unexceptable

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

Dr Scarfe is a great oncologist who is always on time and never rushed me out the door. He tries his best to answer my questions and I have emailed him asking him I call me, he called me first thing the next morning. He always discusses treatment options with me and I feel like in in good hands

flag | Submitted June 28, 2014

Dr. Andrew Scarfe's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.