Ratings for Dr. Joseph M. Micchia

Dr. Joe is the best doctor I've ever seen! He's thorough, knowledgeable, and he really listens. The staff if really friendly too.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

Dr. Joe and his staff are awesome, my whole family has been seeing him as our primary for several years now and wouldn't go any where else. He and his staff are thorough caring and compassionate and Dr. Joe never treats any of us as a number. Couldn't ask for a better doctor.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2014

He is the worst doctor I have ever been to. He is unproffesional and the rudist man I have ever met. He ought to go back to school and the the course on bedside manner. His staff is the worse I have ever worked with.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2014

He is a wonderful Dr. I saw him when he was at his last practice, so I can't really comment on his staff. I highly recommend him. He's knowledgeable, he's kind and he has always successfully treated my condition. I am considering relocated, and if I do I would go back to him again!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2012

Like the other ratings, Dr. Micchia is actually a good doctor. It is his staff and his back billing office that are completely inept. His office staff are about as rude as I've ever experienced in ANY service industry. I've only had two appointments with him, but have been insulted and treated so poorly, I will not return. His back office billing COMBINED with his office staff have managed to mangle my account to the point that is is not fixable. I have been trying to unravel their mistakes for 9 months now and it's still a mess. I receive bills from them and when I call they tell me I dont owe anything, and then three months later I receive another bill. They have charged TWO SEPARATE insurance companies for the same service and oddly were paid! This is a disgrace to this industry and I have tired to contact Dr. Joseph to discuss this matter, but he's never returned my call...either he's not getting the message or doesn't care. I'm done.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2011

Dr. Joe is AWESOME, as is his wife, Dr. Gina. It's the auxiliary staff they have working for them that truly suck (and I suspect the real reason why anyone leaves negative reviews about them at all). I called in once for test results and the nurse I spoke with actually cursed several times while she attempted to find my results. Although what she said was not personally offensive to me, I was horrified that someone would be so unprofessional on the phone, especially in regards to the health profession, and even more so when handing out sensitive test results. Another issue is the wait time - if your appt is set for 9 AM, presume you will not be seen until 10. My old boss also went to Dr. Joe, and he would allow me to take the whole day off if I had a dr's appt because he was very aware of the wait time. To wrap up, if you can ignore the wait and the staff, Dr. Joe and Dr. Gina are great.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2010

I went to Dr Joe and he was great. He is a DO not an MD which I really like. He always spends alot of time with me and really talks to me about my condition.He never rushes me out of the office and I have always felt I am in the best of care with him watching over my health.I truly thank God I found such a wounderful Dr to take care of me. Thanks Dr Joe!!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2009

My husband and I both went for our physical (first visit) and came to learn at the end of the appointment Micchia was advising him on his health based on a file of a person w/same name, but 25 years his junior who lived in Mississippi! So he mixed up the blood work. We dismissed this error until now when I called with a concern and was promised a call back. 2 days pass. I phone again and the unsympathetic staff assure me that the doctor will call me. It has been about a month now and I have yet to hear boo from this office. I have since found a new primary care physician elsewhere who's availibility I highly commend, nothing like the saps at North Raleigh Primary Medical. Fortunately I am now receiving the necessary treatment and expertise that I knew I needed, and if I had stayed waiting by the phone my condition would have been even worse. It's appalling that he can't find two minutes out of his day to phone a concerned patient.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2009

Dr. Joseph M. Micchia's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Wake Forest, NC