Ratings for Dr. Patricia A. Yost

Not recommended. The Staff is VERY poor in communicating and responding. Downright impossible to get refills of simple BC pills. The Doctor does not remember why I am there after she requires me to come back for "additional check ups". Long wait times. Not a lot of treatment options. Go to someone else!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

I had 2 visits with ultrasound & biopsy. Both times I waited over 30 min. They include your wait time in your bill, so the longer you wait- the larger the bill. I paid 700 after insurance. She ordered tons of tests, and told me everything was good, even though when I showed test results to another specialist, he found a few bad things and ordered treatment. She doesn't bother to find out why the person has hormonal unbalance and her best answer is: surgery. And she can care less that the cysts will come back in the future AS THE CAUSE is still there! She also claims that there are NO NON-SURGICAL methods to get rid of cysts. Funny. Mine decreased in size by 30-40% after a month of castor oil packs/herbal remedies and correct exercise along with healthy diet. Save your money. And time- in case you decide to call them and leave a message- they won’t return your call (or maybe they will if you are lucky, I’m not).

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

Dr. Yost is amazing, I have been having pelvic pain for years and it was not getting better. She discovered I had a cyst on my right ovary and a fibroid on my uterus. It's nice to know that the pain I have been having has not been in my head. She recommended that we watch it for 3 months to see if it will shrink and go away or get bigger. Which it did not go away. So I had 3 months of thinking the worst. Well 3 months went by and I will need surgery. She took the time to answer all my Husband and I's questions, cause I was scared that it could be cancerous and if I could conceive, also I have never had surgery like this before. She is very professional and understanding. I am glad she is my OBGYN. Also even though I have Acess to Health care which is a discount for medical and not an insurance, she and her staff still treated me with respect, which you do not always find in the healthcare industry. I would deffinately recommend her.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

Dr. Yost saved my life. After having a same day surgery two days earlier by another dr, my tubes became infected. I was directed to Dr. Yost when I called my dr. office after hours service as it was July 4th and after 5pm. She told me to go to the er. She called ahead to let them know to expect me and to get my labs and a CT scan right away. It worked! I walked right in! The CT scan revealed the serious infection, the staff was going to put me on antibiotics and just wait and see if it got better, but the next thing I know I am being taken to the OR for emergency surgery..that's where I actually first met Dr. Yost. She said that she didn't like the way my tube looked on the CT and it should come out immediately before I got any worse. Had they waited it could have turned into a grave situation. She saved my life at midnight on 4th of July.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

Staff didn't return telephone calls. Call several times to get answers to questions. Doctor would not listen to complaints and ran tests that were unnecessary.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Yost for almost a year now. I have been dealing with endometriosis for 10+ years and after recently moving to CA, I found Dr. Yost. She has been compassionate, patient and VERY caring towards me. I have been to the ER with problems multiple times over the last year and each time, Dr. Yost had worked with the ER doctors to make certain that I received the care that I needed. She has always taken the time to really listen to me and what is going on. She never has shown that she doesn't have time for me, or that she is too busy. She has been very proactive in helping me with the medical issues that I have going on. She has spoken with other doctors when needed to ensure that her plan of action truly was in my best interest. I would recommend Dr. Yost to any female who is looking for a great Ob/Gyn. Dr. Yost is truly working in the field that she belongs in. I just wanted people to know, that she has been a tremendous help to me and that I believe in her as a doctor.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2009

She made a nice first impression and acts friendly. She always be in a rush, even answering questions. Not a very good listener and will continue talking over you to make her point. Doesn't provide much information unless you ask her.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2009

Poor follow-up with lab results. Was a poor listener and frequently spoke over patient. Informed patient had wasted too much time in talking with them. Stated lab tests for patient were provided as a courtesy, not a requirement.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2009

Dr. Patricia A. Yost's Credentials

• University Of Nevada School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)