Ratings for Dr. Bella M. Malits

I have read all of the negative comments below and, unfortunately, my experience has been the same as ALL of those described and worse. I have never rated a doctor before, but Malits is so terrible that I feel ethically driven to warn about her. She and her staff provide a bizarre, surreal experience. Time and again, I was given misinformation about my health. I had to call at least four times to get her to actually order the test that she wanted me to have. At each visit, she and her nurses (assistants?) seemed as if they couldn't have cared less about me. I finally gave up, in as much pain as when I started with Malits. I do want to single out one of the receptionists, however. She was always a true pleasure and very serious about her job, but she had very little power to help me. Please, if you are in pain: step away from the phone and fine someone else to call. You can do much better. (BTW, I am forced here to give at least one star. My real rating is "no stars," across the board, except for five stars for one of the receptionists.)

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

Once left me waiting half-undressed for almost an hour. These folks don't seem to realize that patients may also have appointments - such as jobs - that they have to get to. The receptionist is lovely but the nurses are dour and unfriendly. Dr. Malits has no bedside manner or empathy. Considering that patients who see her are typically in extreme pain, this career choice seems to be a very poor one for her. I happen to be suffering from disc pain as I am writing, but I would rather wait for my surgeon to return from vacation in 3 weeks and limp around than to make an appointment with her. Enough said.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

She's a very unpleasant woman with a poor bedside manner. Never on time and rushes you through appointments. Doesn't return phone calls even after leaving multiple messages. Do yourself a favor and find another doctor.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

Always late. I waited 2hrs one visit.MD misdiagnosed me as well. In her defense . Her treatment had some benefit with me, and I am grateful. Her staff were excellent!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2012

I had a good experience with Dr Malits. She truly seemed invested in finding relief for my back pain.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011

Never go to her!!! She is only about money!!! Gave me wrong diagnosis. After her I cannot walk on my foot. Only think dollars. She is crasy lady. At my few minutes visit, she was talking to her ex-hasband about money and he have to pay something, screamed at him. Then she came back to me. Never ever go to her!!!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2010

If you are in real pain find someone else. This doctor only wants to see patients that need short term care. (procedures for $$$$) She doesn't want to manage long term pain. Why she is in pain mgmnt is beyond me!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2009

Dr. Bella M. Malits's Credentials

• Russian

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1990)

Top Hospitals in Mount Kisco, NY