Ratings for Dr. Marguerite Duncan

Growing up with a small lower jaw and severe overbite, I wasn't confident at all. I would cover my mouth every time I laugh or talk, and try to avoid taking photos. I had 3 orthodontists (2001-2004, 2012-2013, and 2014-2016) in my life, and Dr. Marguerite Duncan is without doubt the BEST!!! I'm so grateful that I completed the treatment with Dr. D. I still remember my very first consult with her, I was very upset after hearing all the dental problems I had, but Dr. D has the magic power that can calm me down. Through her knowledge, her voice and the heartwarming smile, I knew that I would be in excellent hands. And I have been! Dr. D and her team care about patients, they treat the patients like family and friends. They have done everything they could to make my experience great. There were a couple of times I messed up with the time and showed up hours before my appointments. Instead of keeping me waiting, Dr. D was able to squeeze me in earlier. When I moved to BC this summer, Dr. D said she would coordinate transferring my case to a local orthodontist if I wish, but I don’t believe I could ever find another orthodontist who is as good as Dr. D. I decided to go back to Edmonton and continue visiting her. Dr. D has been so nice to sacrifice her own time and see me during the weekends for the past several months. I truly appreciated it. I love that she explains to me what she is going to do, so that I won’t be surprised by any instruments or movements inside my mouth. And she constantly checks if I was doing okay. I have been helped by Julie lately, and I noticed that Julie does the same thing! Way to go, Julie! I had my braces removed earlier this week; I could never imagine that my teeth can look so different one day. I can’t stop looking at the mirror and licking my teeth, cuz they are so smooth, lol. Dr. D is such an angel that she deserves all the kindness. I love you Dr. D!!! Wish you all the best in your work and home life!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

Dr.Duncan is very knowledgeable and passionate about what she does. Before I visited Dr.Duncan I went for an assessment with two other orthodontists in the city (I won't mention names here). I didn't go with those other ortho because walking into their offices I got the vibe that all they want is your money and they won't give you the best advise for you. Dr.Dunan truly cares for what is best for her patients. She is incredibly trustworthy and will always give you the best advise. Dr.Duncan and ALL of her staff are VERY friendly and professional. It was never a burden going to her office. Every single person I dealt with is awesome. I have mostly dealt with Julie, Sandra and Lisa and they are ALL lovely ladies very caring and pleasant to deal with. I just removed my braces last week and the result is beyond AWESOME!!!! So happy with my smile. Dr.Dunan's work definitely made a huge difference in my life and I am now a lot more confident to smile in pictures and smile everywhere I go!!! :) If you are looking for first class service, best in the business and for an orthodontist who truly cares about what is best for you, make a visit to Simply Orthodontist. They are simply the best!

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

Dr.Duncan herself is a really nice person, and knows her stuff. You can tell that she is passionate about her work and cares about her patients!However, her assistant one Sandra (the rude one with short brown hair) is kinda impolite, and when I say "kinda" I mean a lot. She can be some what barbaric when handling patients. Sandra is also considerably smug. She does not have the best attitude either. All of Dr. Duncan's other assistants are fine (especially Julie) Whenever I walk into the office to receive treatment, I pray that Sandra won't be my assitant, I cringe when she calls my name an brings me to the chair. Dr.Duncan, if you see this, I dont mean to be rude but I just think it would benefit all your patients if you had a "little talk" with Sandra

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

Dr. Marguerite Duncan

Dr. Marguerite Duncan's response
Thank you for the feedback. I am sorry to hear this. Please call the office directly or email our manager Paul@simplyortho.ca so we can look into your specific case directly and ensure consistent care for all of our patients!

Submitted December 7, 2016

Dr. Duncan and the staff at Simply Orthodontics very good at what they do. The entire experience from starting treatment to wrapping up has been a wonderful experience, and I have and will continue to recommend this office. They are always polite and helpful, and extremely personable, making every visit a pleasure. Dr. Duncan's willingness to listen to and address any concerns is refreshing, and greatly appreciated. I love my smile and the compliments I have gotten since completing treatment.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

I have bee told previously that I have a complicated case that probably would require major jaw surgery. Really wanted a chance to hear another opinion but all I got was a quick visit with the doctor and a video about adult braces.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

The whole experience of being with Simply Orthodontics has been nothing short of outstanding! From their waiting area complete with tea and coffee to the super friendly staff I always feel like I'm going in to see friends and look forward to catching up :) Dr. Duncan is exceptional at what she does and her attention to detail and precision is much appreciated when it comes to something as visible as teeth. My whole experience has been very professional and enjoyable and I'm very happy with the final results!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

Lisa at reception is always smiling a breath of fresh air. The assistants are always happy to help. Dr. Duncan is very calm & patient. I am impressed every time I come in with how the staff work together & are happy to be there. Thank you!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

Dr. Duncan and her staff are awesome. Every time I walk into their office, I feel welcomed and everyone is so friendly. Dr. Duncan did a great job with my invisalign and with the help of Acceledent, it only took me about 6-7 months, even though Dr. Duncan said I was going to be a fairly complicated case. I've always felt my questions have been answered in great detail and I've felt very informed through the entire process. Dr. Duncan has worked extremely well in tandem with my oral surgeon and dentist to bring me this far along the path to fixing my teeth after many many years of shifted and missing teeth. I'm done with invisalign now, and have one more oral surgery to get implants, and then I'll be all done. I can't thank Dr. Duncan for all she's done to create such a drastic improvement in my smile. Josh L.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

Dr Duncan and her staff are wonderful! I'm so happy with my teeth and feel so much more confident with my smile. Thank you, simply orthodontics 🙂

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

Do not come to this office if you are visiting Edmonton and need some help. I had a wire poking me on a business trip. I came here to get it clipped and I got clipped alright! They charged me a small fortune for a 2 second job.

Submitted August 26, 2016

Dr. Marguerite Duncan's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

My name is Dr. Marguerite Duncan. I am an Orthodontist (dental specialist). I have been practicing in Edmonton for eleven years. In 2004 I moved to Edmonton from Nova Scotia to attend post graduate training in general practice at the University of Alberta Hospital. After a few years in family dental practice, I returned to to the University of Alberta for another 3 years of training to become a specialist in Orthodontics. I have been a licensed Orthodontic Specialist in Alberta since 2010. I love smiles, especially warm and confident confident ones. I have dedicated my career to transforming smiles, encouraging self-confidence, and enhancing oral health. I am a wife and a mother, in addition to a professional with a career to tend. I know the challenges that adults face in coordinating and providing for all of the needs of their families as well as themselves. Balancing work and responsibilities, while making time for rest and rejuvenation is merely a dream for most of us. Where I wish to help is by providing service to you in the most efficient and reliable manner possible, ensuring you are fully equipped with the knowledge and tools to make informed choices appropriate for you. Thank you for taking a moment to get to know me. I very much look forward to getting to know you!

• English

• University of Alberta (Grad. 2010)
  • Dalhousie University (Grad. 2004)
  • Acadia University (Grad. 2000)

• Dental exam for children