Ratings for Dr. Savi Senaratne

I find the Dr. knowledgeable. friendly and concerned. Highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

I so disagree with any bad comments . She has been very helpful and been my doctor for over 10 years . She gets me in for whatever I need asap. She is professional but also asks about my personal life . Such as my grown children , my foster kids . My farm life and my social life and activities . She's always within 10 min of my apt . Never feel rushed and sets up Bone scans, mri , cortisone shots , neurologist apts , sees me if I have any issues within hours that are not my regular check ups . She has been awesome and I would recommmmd her to everyone .

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

My first visit with Dr. Senaratne was very thorough. She was more or less my last hope for help & she found things others missed. When leaving, no one was there to book my next appointment. I didn't receive any calls for an appointment and time went by, life got busy, and all of a sudden I was informed by my family doctor that she would not see me again, as I failed to show up for my appointment....which I knew nothing of. Fortunately I still had my lab requisition which I went and had done, after my dr sent her a nice follow up letter she agreed to another appointment. She saw me & started me on treatment some might think a little unorthodox but for the short while since I started meds, I am seeing an improvement in my health, thanks to her being able to take the time to look at me as a patient and not just a money bag. Its really great that she is treating my symptoms and not just my lab work because so many doctors forget that every patient is different and should be treated as such

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

I would never recommend this doctor in a million years. I've been with her 1 year and every time I see her she's rushed, abrasive, pushy, mean, and she never helps me, or gives me my normal treatment. This past year, she made me wait an entire year for my cortizole injections, which are supposed to be done every 6-8 months (my normal treatment for past 10 years). When she finally did allow it, the requisition was only for 1 joint, not all 6 joints, which is my normal treatment. I feel like she hateing on me for no reason, and is purposely making me suffer & beg for treatment. Because of her not allowing my cortizole injections, I can barely walk anymore without sever pain & she refuses to help me. She has no compassion, or manners, & every time I leave her office, I feel like crying for getting no help, yet again. I have given her many many chances to be useful as a doctor at the expense of my own health, but no longer. I am requesting to be transferred to a new doctor now. Bad Bad Bad!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2013

From the first visit I found Dr Seneratne unnerving. I feel she did not listen to what I was saying. On my second visit I was prescribed medication which there was little explanation for and still no Prognosis other that RA type illness. I feel that I am being told I have Lupus, but no-one wants to say the word. I feel uncomfortable, rushed and stupid when I ask questions. I am allowed to give two or three word answers, but I get no real answers.I will be looking for an alternative Dr when I see my family Dr next week.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

I Happen to agree completely to the person who wrote""I believe Dr. Savi Seneratne very knowledgable doctor. Anytime I ask her questions she seems to know what she is talking about and able to give good explainations. I can tell she cares about her patients by her willing attitude to help in anyway she can. She notifies me immediately if there is anything wrong with my test results. The only issue I have with her is punctuality, sometimes I wait 15 mins to 30 mins. I can forgive her for that as she is a very busy doctor."" I TRUST HER AND SHE HAS PUT ME INTO REMISSION AND I FEEL GREAT. YOU WOULD NOT THINK THAT I HAD RHEUMATIOD FOR THE LAST 19 YEARS

flag | Submitted September 27, 2012

Great doctor! I found he to be very helpful, knowledgable and informative. I saw her 2 weeks after my doctor sent the referral as she felt my case was emergent. She asked lots of questions and did a very thorough exam. Although she hasn't been able to diagnose me yet, she is great with getting me the help I need. She answered all of the questions my dad and I had, and made sure not to expose me to any extra radiation as I have been exposed to quite a bit in the past few months.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2012

I suffer from Ankylosing Spondolytis amoung other things caused by a gene mutation. It took me almost year to get in with this DR. she is very unhelpful, doesnt listen to a word you speak. Every time i call to book an appt she is on vacation for 2 months. I suffer strokes and other serious problems because of my AS at only 20 years old. I was told today " I wasnt wanted" because I couldnt wait until May for her to get back from vacation I needed help ASAP. They refuse me now as a paitent and would like me to get re-refered. Not a chance in hell will I ever go back there, wait so long and be treated the way I was today, brought to tears by the recptionist. If you need immediate help and understanding DO NOT see this Dr. it will be a waste of your time and energy. You wait one year to see her for 5 minutes and get handed pamphletes. no explanation of how to manage your symptoms and pain, just cant stress enough how unhelpful she was.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2012

I have to agree that Dr Savi seems a little rude in the beginning but once you know her she is a very caring person and most importantly a very knowledgable professional in her field.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2011

My first visit after waiting 45 mins. I found she didn't listen what I had to say and when she asked me questions she didn't let me finish my answer before moving on to another question.She rushed through my exam ordered test and told me to call her in a month if I heard from her. I'll do the tests, but will not return to her. She has no bedside manner and seems not to care. Very inconsiderate.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2010