Ratings for Dr. Andrew J. Shapiro

I had breast cancer 8 yrs ago and Dr Shapiro was the best. He was caring, he took his time with me, I had no insurance at the time and he helped out with the cost, He did a great job! The office staff is awesome. I have been with him for ten yrs and go every yr for a mammo. He has done more for me than any doctor I have ever been to and I trust him whole heartedly. He is a wonderful doctor that was very caring at the time and is very caring to this day. I would recommend him to anyone and feel very comfortable doing so. Love the office staff also.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

This Md and his staff are the rudest I have ever in countered. I was sent to this office after receiving news that I had Non Hodgkins Lymphoma. My Oncologist wanted to be absolutely sure of type and staging so he wanted one of the Lymph Nodes removed. I was scheduled to have surgery today, 9/16/2014. However , I received a call from JFK Hospital that my surgery was cancelled by Dr. Shapiro's office. I called them and they said it was because they must receive my co pay for surgery prior to of $ 60.27. Clearly this is a doctor more concerned with the almighty dollar than the welfare of his patients! I have been trying to get disability for a year. My partner and I have been living on her disability alone. All these tests and co pays are very expensive and we are doing are best. I just am floored. I would not recommend sending anyone you truly love to this office. Because it's all about Greed not compassion or survival.

Submitted September 16, 2014

Dr good. On task. Answered questions. Office staff has bad communication, needs much improvement

flag | Submitted February 11, 2013

My experience with Dr. Shapiro was excellent. He explained everything to me prior to my surgery and he was very comforting and convincing with his words. Other doctors always comment on my surgery and how good breast looks compared to others they have seen. My surgery was much better than I imagined it would be. Dr. Shapiro told me it was just a bump in the road and so far so good. It has been a year and I am C free. As for the office staff, Ilene was superb. I could not have had a better person to help me. She actually went above and beyond what I expected. She had a very caring attitude. I would recommended Dr. Shapiro.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2012

This doctor is awesome, as with any good doctor he is going to be busy so deal with the wait. He saved my life about 7 years ago and saw me through to recovery which took a very long time. He was very kind and patient. I know he remembers me and I remember him. I would recommend this doctor to my own mother. He definitely went the extra mile and I will never forget that.. Thanks Dr. Shapiro - Maggie L.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011

My 19-yr old son had a pilonidal cyst and Dr. Shapiro was brilliant! It needed surgical intervention, but Dr. Shapiro explained many ways to handle it, and was very thorough in explaining everything! He is admittedly very busy because he is a great general surgeon, so there is a wait. But in my opinion, for this particular issue, he is THE DOCTOR TO SEE!!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2011

This is one of the worst doctors I have been too. I waited almost 2 hours to see him. I went in the see if i had a hernia. I went in with a little pain and came out with more. He saw me for five minutes and said its "probably" a hernia. I was billed over $700 for 5 minutes. I called his staff serveral times with no call back. Very poor service!

Submitted April 3, 2010

Doctor is "ok". His personable skills could be better. His staff is horrible and they are the ones you will have to deal with the most. DARCY in particular.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2009