Dr. Andrew J. Shapiro

Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Andrew J. Shapiro

Excellent Dr and staff , always welcoming and friendly

flag | Submitted January 12, 2018

I would recommend Dr Shapiro, he is a outstanding doctor.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

My appt was at 9 am. I didn't see the dr until 10:45. That was after numerous times asking how much longer and being told I was next only to have other people called. When I questioned that, I was rudely told that my room wasn't ready. Almost 2 hours after my scheduled time? I was also overcharged for my appt, after 10 days my insurance still had not been billed. I was told I wouldn't get a refund until they ran my insurance. This doctor may be a good doctor, but his office staff is awful. I am still waiting for my refund almost a month after my visit.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

I was skeptical at first about the surgery-but it was a complete success and I experienced no pain at all following the surgery and the healing process.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

Dr. Shaprio is an excellent doctor and have been seeing him a few years now. I highly recommend his in the highest regard.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

Good experience with laparoscopic umbilical hernia repair.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Not the Dr. or the practice you want to involve yourself with. I was referred by my Dr. for a muscle biopsy. Don't want to bore you with the details, but had to wait almost two weeks for an appt., then the surgery and anesthesia is scheduled for 3/29 at 8:30 and he is a no show. I had him called at 11:10, and the response was that he would be here in 10, and I could leave if I want to. After laying in the prep area under a blanket with an IV I had them remove the IV and I left at 12:00. I've notified my physicians relative to my less than satisfactory experience with this non-professional,

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

The best second to none, straight forward , knowledgeable , and overall great ataff

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

I had breast cancer 8 yrs ago and Dr Shapiro was the best. He was caring, he took his time with me, I had no insurance at the time and he helped out with the cost, He did a great job! The office staff is awesome. I have been with him for ten yrs and go every yr for a mammo. He has done more for me than any doctor I have ever been to and I trust him whole heartedly. He is a wonderful doctor that was very caring at the time and is very caring to this day. I would recommend him to anyone and feel very comfortable doing so. Love the office staff also.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

This Md and his staff are the rudest I have ever in countered. I was sent to this office after receiving news that I had Non Hodgkins Lymphoma. My Oncologist wanted to be absolutely sure of type and staging so he wanted one of the Lymph Nodes removed. I was scheduled to have surgery today, 9/16/2014. However , I received a call from JFK Hospital that my surgery was cancelled by Dr. Shapiro's office. I called them and they said it was because they must receive my co pay for surgery prior to of $ 60.27. Clearly this is a doctor more concerned with the almighty dollar than the welfare of his patients! I have been trying to get disability for a year. My partner and I have been living on her disability alone. All these tests and co pays are very expensive and we are doing are best. I just am floored. I would not recommend sending anyone you truly love to this office. Because it's all about Greed not compassion or survival.

Submitted September 16, 2014