Ratings for Dr. Andrew J. Shapiro

I was skeptical at first about the surgery-but it was a complete success and I experienced no pain at all following the surgery and the healing process.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

Dr. Shaprio is an excellent doctor and have been seeing him a few years now. I highly recommend his in the highest regard.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

Good experience with laparoscopic umbilical hernia repair.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Not the Dr. or the practice you want to involve yourself with. I was referred by my Dr. for a muscle biopsy. Don't want to bore you with the details, but had to wait almost two weeks for an appt., then the surgery and anesthesia is scheduled for 3/29 at 8:30 and he is a no show. I had him called at 11:10, and the response was that he would be here in 10, and I could leave if I want to. After laying in the prep area under a blanket with an IV I had them remove the IV and I left at 12:00. I've notified my physicians relative to my less than satisfactory experience with this non-professional,

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

The best second to none, straight forward , knowledgeable , and overall great ataff

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

I had breast cancer 8 yrs ago and Dr Shapiro was the best. He was caring, he took his time with me, I had no insurance at the time and he helped out with the cost, He did a great job! The office staff is awesome. I have been with him for ten yrs and go every yr for a mammo. He has done more for me than any doctor I have ever been to and I trust him whole heartedly. He is a wonderful doctor that was very caring at the time and is very caring to this day. I would recommend him to anyone and feel very comfortable doing so. Love the office staff also.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

This Md and his staff are the rudest I have ever in countered. I was sent to this office after receiving news that I had Non Hodgkins Lymphoma. My Oncologist wanted to be absolutely sure of type and staging so he wanted one of the Lymph Nodes removed. I was scheduled to have surgery today, 9/16/2014. However , I received a call from JFK Hospital that my surgery was cancelled by Dr. Shapiro's office. I called them and they said it was because they must receive my co pay for surgery prior to of $ 60.27. Clearly this is a doctor more concerned with the almighty dollar than the welfare of his patients! I have been trying to get disability for a year. My partner and I have been living on her disability alone. All these tests and co pays are very expensive and we are doing are best. I just am floored. I would not recommend sending anyone you truly love to this office. Because it's all about Greed not compassion or survival.

Submitted September 16, 2014

Dr good. On task. Answered questions. Office staff has bad communication, needs much improvement

flag | Submitted February 11, 2013

My experience with Dr. Shapiro was excellent. He explained everything to me prior to my surgery and he was very comforting and convincing with his words. Other doctors always comment on my surgery and how good breast looks compared to others they have seen. My surgery was much better than I imagined it would be. Dr. Shapiro told me it was just a bump in the road and so far so good. It has been a year and I am C free. As for the office staff, Ilene was superb. I could not have had a better person to help me. She actually went above and beyond what I expected. She had a very caring attitude. I would recommended Dr. Shapiro.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2012

This doctor is awesome, as with any good doctor he is going to be busy so deal with the wait. He saved my life about 7 years ago and saw me through to recovery which took a very long time. He was very kind and patient. I know he remembers me and I remember him. I would recommend this doctor to my own mother. He definitely went the extra mile and I will never forget that.. Thanks Dr. Shapiro - Maggie L.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011