Ratings for Dr. Jeff Fialkov

Sick kids had referred us to Dr.Fialkov for my sons nose that was affected by a cleft lip. I met with 3 different doctors and just fell in love with him. He was so knowledgeable and we felt he was the one. My son is an athlete and he could not breathe due to a collapsed wall and deviated septum. It’s been one year after his surgery and he can breathe amazing for the first time in his life. He listened to what we wanted to achieve through surgery and revised only his small nostril and made it look symmetrical and so natural. We loved his punctuality and honesty and most of all his expertise. I would highly recommend him to anyone. We absolutely loved him and Brittany!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2019

met with dr. fialkov in 2012 seeking 2nd revision nose job (prior one was in 1991) he told me i also needed a chin inplant (receded a little bit). i trusted him so i did both surgeries . my nose looked better than before EXCEPT my nostrils were different sizes. After the procedure..the major concern i had was the chin implant (wing medex with titanium screws) it was too long/large for my face--> because i have small lips!!!! the size/shape of my lips werent taken into account. the implant wasnt suitable for me. it made my face look more manly and made my chin too long . i have a crooked smile (nerve damage) i dont like smiling its noticeable... and the skin is indented on one side (sticking to bone/implant) as swelling started to subside i kept complaining about the results i told him how unhappy i was with the chin... i looked like a witch..i cant kiss anyone without it sticking out...i hated it...i cant smile too. He told me "you look great"... blah blah blah...swelling will go down - hes not going to touch it. I HAVE TO WAIT ONE YEAR FOR THE FINAL RESULTS....... As for the indent he said i need to keep massaging the area. he took more photos and that was it! After that meeting his office didnt respond to further phone calls or emails. since i was in my 40's and the result of my nose job was more pleasing than before AND i was afaid that it would be too risky to remove the chin impant (it was screwed to my chin ) removing it might cause further disfigurement/more nerve damage. i had no choice but to accept that i was stuck with a long bulky chin. 7 years later and i still hate my chin profile, the indent is still there constant massaging never helped... and my nose changed over the years...i now have 2 dorsal bumps and my nose/tip is wider (scar tissue? ). I would never recommend this surgeon. He may have great interpersonal skills and important credentials, but the communication was poor, he didnt care about me as a patient or the outcome. Once the surgery was done he was unto the next.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2019

Dr. Jeff Fialkov

Dr. Jeff Fialkov's response
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I do very much care about all of my patients and apologize that you’ve had such a negative experience. I understand the problems you’re describing and they do sound correctable. I’d be more than happy to try to address them. I hope you’ll consider returning for a reassessment. (no charge to you of course) I’m confident that there are ways that I can improve your outcome. I now have a separate dedicated staff for my cosmetic patients and so I think the lines of communication are much better than when you came to see me. You can contact Louise at (416)256-5614 and she will arrange an appointment time that is convenient for you. I hope you will consider. Best wishes, Jeff Fialkov MD, FRCSC

Submitted June 23, 2019

I am 8 months post-op from having a face/neck lift and upper eye lid surgery. I am in my late 60’s and was looking for a more refreshed look. After a year or so of consultations with other surgeons I realized after meeting Dr. Fialkov he was the one for me. Dr. Fialkov is highly skilled and professional. The process from beginning to end went extremely well and I am absolutely thrilled with the results. I also want to thank the staff at Edelstein Cosmetic, Elements and Brittany at Sunnybrook Hospital who were all very kind and welcoming and made me feel very comfortable.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2019

He is an amazing doctor and really cares about his patients. He did my chin reduction for me and it was the best decision I ever made. The process from beginning to end went great and I am in love with the results. Not only is he amazing, but so is the staff at Edelstein and Brittany at Sunnybrook. I couldn't ask for a better experience.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2019

I had my buccal fat removed from Dr. Fialkov 2 years ago and still loving the new natural contour of my face! For as long as I can remember I’ve had a roundness to my face without much definition, especially when smiling in pictures. Dr. Fialkov removed the buccal fat in my lower cheeks giving me the appearance of actual cheek bones!!! My experience went off without a hitch and his employees at Edelstein cosmetic were nothing but professional and made me feel so comfortable from the minute I walked in. I would reccomend Dr. Fialkov to anyone wanting any facial procedure, his knowledge and genuine kindness surpassed any other surgeon I shad previously seen.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2019

I had trouble breathing out of my nose for years, due to a broken nose, which happened several times. It was affecting my ability to play sports, work out and enjoy my life. I was told by general doctors that it was allergies and my nose was fine, with little concern to investigate further. I decided to meet with Dr. Jeff Fialkov to get an expert opinion and with one look, it was clear I was suffering from a deviated septum. I was provided in-depth information regarding the surgical procedure and felt very comfortable during preparations. Not only was my deviated septum corrected, my life changed drastically afterwards. I was able to breathe clearly for the first time in years and enjoy cardio-intensive activities. I can’t thank Dr. Fialkov and his staff enough for the care and outcome they provided me.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2019

I am 6 months post-op from a genioplasty and I can’t thank Dr. Fialkov and his team (at both his clinic and hospital) enough! After doing years of research and having multiple consultations with other surgeons, I am so happy that I decided to proceed with Dr. Fialkov. His skill, attention to detail and bedside manner are phenomenal. He truly is a master of his craft! I would highly recommend Dr. Fialkov to anyone who’s looking to undergo any facial procedure.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2019

Dr. Fialkov is an amazing doctor, I had a facelift done by him, he has golden hands, he and his staff took very good care of me. The results are to my utmost satisfaction, I look naturally rejuvenated, I couldn’t ask for more.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2019

Dr. Jeff Fialkov is not only a fine surgeon with enormous skill and experience, he is also one of the most considerate and pleasant doctors I have ever dealt with. I was extremely uncertain about having plastic surgery, but as the years went by, I began to feel more and more unhappy about what I viewed as accelerated aging signs, partly due to hereditary factors. I went to see Dr. Fialkov at least 3 times in a 15 year period. He always made me feel very comfortable about returning and fullly explained my options at each visit, which changed as the years went by. He strives for, and achieves, a very natural effect with the minimum of intervention. He was also very thoughtful about the impact of surgery on someone my age. I doubt there is better plastic surgeon in Toronto, and perhaps all of Canada. I recommend him without reservation. MC

flag | Submitted January 8, 2019

If you are seeking a good plastic surgeon for face/neck, this guy is brilliant. He is kind, skilled, professional, available if any concerns arise. Staff excellent too. Cannot say anything negative. So glad my husband was in his care for his cosmetic procedure.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2018

Dr. Jeff Fialkov's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English