Ratings for Dr. Mark S. Sugar

I took my son to Allergy and Asthma Associates to be seeing by Dr Sugar. My son's allergies were not getting any better so we decided to test him again, I took my Mother in Law who is also a Doctor with us. For my surprise, everything was done by an assistant who was clearly lost and some of the test she apologize and asked to repeat since she made a mistake the first 2 times (It was an Asthma test) . After a long time Dr Sugar came to room and told us that my Son was not positive for Peanut or Dogs and Cats and I didn't have to worry about that. He said that my Son didn't have to have any diet or any food restrictions. I insisted that what he was saying was maybe not right since my Son's ENT Dr mentioned that he had serious allergies issues. Dr Sugar was very strong confirming that we were wrong. After this appointment my son was very happy that he could eat a Peanut Butter Sandwich and hug his dogs. I regret I trusted this Dr, My son had a hard time breathing, had hives everywhere. So I took my Son to a very known Dr in OC who tested him all again and confirmed that Dr Sugar was very wrong, Peanut, Dogs and Cat came all positive and he prescribed us an Epi Pen. Dr Sugar also confirmed that my Son had a very bad Asthma and prescribed a very strong drug. The Asthma tests were repeated by the other Dr who confirmed my Son had absolutely no issues and his lungs were actually performing very well.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

He misdiagnosed my kids allergy. Had to do X-rays and CT scans just to find out it's not a sinus infection. (We found out after we changed the doctor) Dr Sugar just prescribed us some pretty disgusting and strong antibiotics, that did nothing. Also talked about asthma with him and he seems like he has no clue what's going on. I don't recommend this doctor and I'm really upset having to spend almost a grand for a wrong diagnosis and putting my kids life in danger with these strong antibiotics.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017

Just caused us more confusion and worry. Not really a paediatric Dr.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Poor office staff and doctors.......................

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

Always thoroughly and punctual and super nice. I was treated very kindly.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

I have never been treated so horribly by a doctor as I was by Dr. Sugar. After being a patient with Allergy and Asthma Associates for over 6 years, I'm considering moving practices because of how awfully Dr. Sugar treated me and my son. I will NEVER go back to him or recommend him to anyone. After my bad experience I have heard several other people complain of similar terrible treatment by him. It's a shame because the other doctors at Allergy and Asthma Associate are very helpful.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013

Worse bed side manner for children I have ever seen. Impatient and uncaring. Totally unfamiliar with current allergy treatments/diseases. Walked away and never looked back. Found a great new allergy doctor for my kids.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2013

Billed me for services they shouldnt have. Refused to fix it. Turned me into collections. I called my insurance co, & they fixed it. Office Manager was a miserable person to deal with, Dr never returned calls about problem. Mind bogglingly bad patient service.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2009

Dr. Mark S. Sugar's Credentials

• Dutch

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1969)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal