Ratings for Dr. Laverne Arthur

What other doctor calls you at home these days? Dr. Arthur cares.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

Great doctor. VERY knowledgable, kind and caring. Delighted to have him in Lakefield.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

People who hide behind a poisonous pen and don't give their name are cowards. Dr.Arthur has been my doctor for several years, since I moved to the area. He has been a godsend to me and my husband. He is so caring and knowledgeable and caught my husbands cancer early so now he is fine. Dr. Arthur even calls me at home to make sure I am ok. Thank you Dr Arthur from the bottom of my heart for all the wonderful things you do for your patients.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

Anyone who questions how people could put negative comments about Arthur and Bonnie are not listening around the water cooler ! this is a person who should not be practicing medicine and believe me - he's "practicing". He does not like to discuss your health - rather dictate .... and he's not very knowledgable. Bonnie is arrogant, rude and is in the wrong occupation. If you end up with a serious medical condition .... I wish you luck

flag | Submitted September 4, 2016

When I choose a doctor, I want someone like Dr. Arthur. I don't care what his typing skills are like or whether or not I like his receptionist. I only care that Dr. Arthur is knowledgeable, kind and takes the time to get to know me. I can't say enough positive things about Dr. Arthur.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

I cannot be more profuse in my acknowledgement of the excellent care and attention of Dr Arthur and his staff.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

So, some of the ratings have a couple of familiar things: Arthur should click that button that would TYPE things automatically so that he can pay more attention to WHY you are there to begin with - and if you check sometimes, he's not even typing in the correct information ! Cathy is a great nurse and Bonnie thinks she's a nurse and is a very rude person who has too much entitlement - authorized or otherwise. The best you can hope for is they (our gov't version of "get you a new Dr.) don't slot you into that office. Replacing him is necessary for the betterment of my health - actively trying ! It's ridiculous .......

Submitted August 4, 2015

Dr. Arthur needs to take computer typing skills, because that's what he does for the majority of your visit, but this has not be accurate in more than one example. As for the comment someone made about referrals - he has a note right up on his cupboard that you have to meet and then it doesn't seem to fit with data right in front of him ! I worry about my health care with Arthur ! Cathy the nurse us great ! and then there's Bonnie ... well how do describe that - I will just agree that I hope I'm a better person than to say what I'm really feeling. and YES, I am actively looking for another doctor !!! It's just not that easy .... there are others who are also trying ... unprofessional ; unacceptable ....

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

Dr Arthur has always looked after me with care and respect. I simply cannot understand some of the comments I see here. I have never had an issue with getting timely care from Dr Arthur and he has referred me to a specialist promptly on more than one occasion.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

Bonnie is rude and you never can get an appointment. I was in a wheelchair for almost a year because Dr Arthur refused to send me to a specialist for a hip replacement. Yet he had one done without a limp. My second one I had to go above his head to the surgeon when I had my review with him. Anytime I have a concern I have to wait two weeks for an appointment. Bonnie says call in the morning for the emergency appt and for two weeks they were always full. The doc is always googling on the computer. Gosh my daughter can do that. I asked to switch doctors and was told I couldn't because they work as a team and that I should be thankful I have one....really a year in a wheelchair and suffering because I should of had surgery 8 months earlier. Oh and he told me that I shouldn't whine so much. My husband and daughter had to fight and plead in my favor. The only way to change is to fire him and go on the list for a doctor. But I cant I am on meds. It's a horrible situation.

Submitted November 27, 2014