Ratings for Dr. J-M Vincent

Changed dentists two years ago and never looked back - as others have said, he makes a mistake and blames the patient or, in my case, did a procedure ($2,000) and it did not work (never told me that it might not work) and then said I needed about $8,000 more work ... no thanks ... now 2 years later had all the work done and cost me 1/2 of what he said. never ever go to this dentist - he is really really unprofessional and the quality of his work is terrible.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2012

Dr. Vincent was not helpful nor knowledgeable in my case. I had surgery in 2010 and a few days after the surgery I noticed that my teeth in the area of the procedure were loose. Dr. Vincent claimed that my teeth were mobile before the surgery but he had not raised this issue at my consultation. I was then monitored by his staff and the times I saw him he kept saying that my teeth were mobile before the surgery and that he even had recorded that fact in my file. (Surely, I would have noticed the mobility before my surgery if that was the case). Anyhow, he was not helpful as he never offered any suggestions or advice on the mobility, nor did he discuss options such as implants, etc. When I asked that my file be sent back to my dentist in 2011, he said that my surgery was a success despite the teeth mobility and he even recommended more surgery on the same area. No advice for treating my teeth mobility was offered, only more surgery at a cost of $4,000 was his sole advice.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2012

Dr. Vincent did an excellent job with my dental surgery. I highly recommend the conscious sedation option for those who dislike needles. I was impressed that Dr. Vincent provides a walkman for patients to listen to music during the surgery. Dr. Vincent’s staff is very friendly and they try to make the experience as positive as possible. Finally, I was impressed with the clear and very detailed post operative instructions.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2011

Worst medical experience of my life. Due to his own miscalcualtions, he could not complete the gum grating procedure, and he said because it was "his mistake" he would only charge me half price to come back and finish it. I told him I already paid for it and was not paying again. He pretty much yelled "what do you want from me?", I said I wanted him to complete the procedure I paid for or give me a refund for the one tooth he didn't do and I'll go elsewhere. He proceeded to say "fine, it's $1500 for the first tooth and $600 thereafter, so I'll give you your $600 and you can go somewhere else and pay twice as much to get it fixed" and stormed out...he was yelling this in the doorway between me and the waiting room, and did all but slam the door on the way out. It was so embarassing and uncalled for. His staff apologized profusely for him...they're wonderful...but he did not. I would never let a friend or family member go to this doctor.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2010

Very thorough pre and post op teaching, Dr. Vincent very good, thorough; general atmosphere among staff very positive; processes requiring a number of staff very well-organized. The treatment was expensive, but Dr. Vincent has a big, well-equipped and well-staffed clinic to maintain, so that's going to cost money. I would highly recommend Dr. Vincent and the clinic. I am very happy with the result of the work done by him.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2010

Dr. Vincent is a skilled periodontist. He did an axcellent job replacing gum tissue and installing a dental implant in the front of my mouth. This required several visits and I am very pleased with the service and support provided by Dr. Vincent and his staff before and after surgery.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2010

Good dentist - ridiculously expensive - come armed with insurance or a trust fund !!!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2009