Ratings for Dr. Samuel A. Hoisington

Dr. Hoisington performed surgery to remove an infected rheumatoid nodule from under the ball of my foot. He was very competent, very professional. I often pressed for detailed info and he always was happy to elaborate for me. I highly recommend him as a surgeon.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

Dr. Hoisington operated on my mother almost 8 years ago when EVERYONE else including her PCP at the time turned his back on her because she was in such poor health. She needed to have her a toe amputated which later turned into half of her foot, and whether she lived or not (it was just that critical), she still had to have that toe removed. My Aunt told my Mom about Dr. Hoisington, and her appointment was set two days later, and the surgery was set two days after that. Although, she passed almost 8 months after the surgery (which brought her more time than she originally had). I never got the chance to THANK Dr. Hoisington for operating on my mother and at that time saving her life when everyone else was too concerned with a malpractice suit. He saw potential and helped a woman in need. So Thank you Dr. Hoisington if you are reading. Written by the daughter of Deloris Ray surgery date 7/28/2006.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

Dr. Hoisington has a wonderful bedside manner. He conveys compassion and competence, and does not make you feel stupid for asking questions. It is such a refreshing change from the arrogance, self-importance and pomposity of certain other surgeons in this field of practice at Phelps Hospital. We found it quite reassuring to deal with such an affable, approachable professional and this helped alleviate a great deal of the anxiety. I am very lucky we got Dr H for this surgery!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2013

He is an excellent foot and ankle surgeon who cares about his patients and follows their progress for a long time. He encourages questions and returns phone calls promptly. In addition he has a fine bedside manner. I highly recommend Dr. H.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2009

Dr. Samuel A. Hoisington's Credentials

• Albany Medical College Of Union University (Grad. 1991)