Ratings for Dr. James D. Watterson

Having to go home with a catheter after surgery lead to an appointment with Dr. Watterson for a cycstoscopy two weeks later. I was extremely nervous in case something else was wrong with me after having just survived surgery for lung cancer. The doctor and his team immediately put me at ease, explaining every step of the way through the procedure. His compassion made all the difference for me and after a successful result, I went home a very happy lady. If I ever have another issue, I will be asking for Dr. Watterson.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2018

Very thorough and amazing with his patients. Fantastic doctor!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2018

I once again can not say thank you enough to my urologist Dr. Watterson at the Ottawa General Hospital for his support and advice on my kidney issue. He is an amazing doctor. I am grateful for his knowledge of urology, his kindness and compassion. He treats his patient like they are human beings and he make them feel like they are a part of their own health. He certainly can change a patient mind about doctors. Dr. Watterson and the other doctors in the urology department that I had the pleasure meeting is a good example how doctors should be. I am very proud to call Dr. Watterson my doctor. He also has wonderful supportive staff. His students, nurse and office staff has been amazing to me also. I very thankful for their care. His assistant Chantale is very kind and supportive.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2017

Dr. James Watterson is hands down the best urological surgeon in Ottawa. His knowledge and compassion for his profession is something you do not often see in people. He has performed many kidney surgeries on me since I was 14 years old, I have a weak right kidney I was born with, this has led to staysis in my kidney, which I'm sure most of you know creates kidney stones, big ones"golf ball size". After every successful procedure I leave the hospital "stone free", I feel well informed and in good hands. Top notch Doc, 10 out of 10

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Saved my life from advanced prostate cancer in 2004 in Ottawa . What else can I say!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

puts patients at ease. Takes the time to explain things in lay terms. pleasant demeanor.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

He is an amazing doctor. Very kind, gentle and knowledgeable. Just brilliant!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

One of the best in his knowledge and his outstanding care of his patients!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

Always caring , I have been a patient for over 15years . has a great sense of humour and great bedside manner. Truly cares for his patients health and concerns.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

Incredible Doctor, fantastic bedside manner. Couldnt ask for a better Doctor!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016