Ratings for Dr. Herman Kwan

Dr. Kwan is really friendly and he knows what he is talking about. Really helpful and accommodating! the receptionist at his office is quite rude though, very difficult. if it wasn't for her i would give him a perfect rating!totally recommend him to anyone, great doctor!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

I saw this doctor after my family doctor referred me. In the meantime the next week I ended up seeing this doctor in the emergency department for my problem. This doctor was kind and compassionate and understood and dealt with the 10/10 pain I had. I had surgery that night and then I saw Dr.Kwan in his office outside the hospital and he helped me to understand my condition and what I can do to start managing my condition myself as well. Thank Dr.Kwan.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2016

I was referred to Doctor Kwan. I found him very helpful. He discussed my biopsy results and help me determine a plan of action. Very Pleased.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2015

I had the misfortune of being referred to Dr. Herman Kwan. After arriving to the Dr. Kwan's office for my first appointment (which the note was written directly from his office) ... found out they had made an error on the date ... grrrrr. After my 1st visit (but two trips out to Surrey), a full barrage of tests and wasting 6 months waiting for the appointment he quickly dismissed my case upon reviewing the test results with saying 'there's nothing anyone can do for you'. I immediately requested a second opinion through my GP and waiting yet another 4 months ... I was diagnosed immediately with a very detailed report and a process for regularly schedules tests/drug prescriptions/potential surgery. All I ask is be very careful when this doctor dismisses your issues and immediately seek a second opinion.

Submitted January 13, 2015

I was treated for my prostate cancer by this doctor. I did a lot of research prior to my surgery and Dr. Kwan felt I was a good candidate for a nerve spare prostatectomy surgery. I am happy to report that I am continent and sexually functioning. One of my work colleagues was also diagnosed and ended up seeking treatment at VGH. He also had a nerve spare surgery. He is leaking his urine and not functioning sexually. In talking to this doctor I found him to be very humble but he did admit that he feels the team of him and the other urologist work very well together and they do get very good consistent results. But he told me that even the best surgeons in the world get complications that can be unexpected and it's nice to be discussing this stuff after a great result. So glad to have been fortunate enough to get care from this great doctor.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

I started going to Dr Kwan in 2010 for prostate cancer. We mutually agreed to do the 'watch and wait" approach After 4 biopsies and PSA tests , my numbers and shape of my prostate worstened slightly. Because of my age and type of cancer , he suggested radiation , and he refered me to a wonderful Oncologist. Dr. Kwan is very pleasant , informative , knowledgeble , friendly and has all those good qualities doctors should have , but too few do have. Thank you Dr Kwan , it was nice having you as my doctor.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014

Dr Kwan performed a difficult radical nephrectomy which I am certain saved my life. He is an outstanding surgeon and individual.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2014

Dr. Kwan was very understanding and communicated very clearly with me. He provided excellent urology surgery.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2013

Dr. Kwan took care of my bladder cancer last year and removed the prostate as well.....I am so pleased with the results and the care that was given....I was promptly taken through the procedure and possible outcomes....and happy to say the cancer is gone......cant say enough about this fine surgeon

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013

the most proficient and personable person and yet a specialist. Saved my life..

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013