Ratings for Dr. Jan Fourie

This Doctor is always rushed, barely listens and recommends physiotherapy for everything...he used to be much more caring and patient.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

Dr Fourie was quick and knowledgeable. Listens and explains thoroughly.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

Excellent doctor Works very hard Listens well Helped me lots

flag | Submitted December 24, 2017

I was seen in the E.R. for an anaphylactic reaction. While the hospital nurses, techs, and assistants were all attentive and good, Jan Fourie's reviews by others are sufficiently negative regarding his manner to cover my experience with him. In addition, as a former medic, I have to question some of his medical decisions.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

this man is an evil human being , my wife broke her hip on a friday evening , she had to go to edmonton, she had to wait in boyle for an ambulance , so the nurse started prepping for a catheter fourie barked at her very rudely that they were to busy , he then proceeded to stand at the nursing doodling and smirking at me( who he dousnt like ) daring me to say something he stood there for 40 minute pronouncing how busy he was and smirking . My wife spent 5 hours laying in the corridor in the U of A in extreme discomfort on a busy friday night all so he could prove he was the boss of me, the nurse later stpped me in town and apologized profusely , like i say he is an evil childish man and breaks the Hippocratic oath daily hurting innocent people to fan his narcissistic personality

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

An investigation by the college of physicians and surgeons is in order. Sounds like the college is sleeping at the switch once again. On more than one occasion, he has caused unnecessary pain and suffering to patients. He obviously came out of an South African apartheid system.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

Dr. Fourie is an arrogant, cocky physician. I have witness him verbally abuse the nurses at the local hospital. He doesn't wait for anyone because "His time is too important." He's a pill pusher; doesn't matter what your blood work shows, he will have you on IV antibiotics regardless. He thinks he's better than everyone else and if you smoke or are a little 'pudgy' he won't give you the time or day. He favors the local "powerful people" in the community and doesn't give the time of day to those who are "beneath him".

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

Dr. Fourie barely listened to me before handing me a prescription or examining me. You could tell he's only there for the money. Next time I will see Dr. Doman instead.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

Just another pill pusher who doesn't care about anything except money

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

I have lived in Boyle for 10 years, before that I lived in BC. I have seen Dr. Fourie on many different occasions for different problems. He always comes across as being too busy to listen to your problem,physiotherapy is his fix to everything before he even gets xrays to find out if it is a good idea or not. He is very high on himself and all about the money.If you smoke or are overweight expect less care, even if it is only by 10 lbs. I cut my hand and severed an artery, he tried to reattach the artery and stitch it without freezing it first. He said I didn't need it, he did a good job stitching it up, but it was so painful I almost passed out. Xrays take months to get looked at and he is apposed to sending you to see specialists. He has the potential to be a good doctor, but as a general practitioner he is lacking in bedside manner. He should be in an emergency room instead. Zero follow up and never remembers why you are there, even if you just saw him. See Dr. Dolman instead.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014