Ratings for Dr. Jan Fourie

Used to be a caring doctor. But not anymore. Gave me the wrong advice more than once. Time for him to move on.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2018

Absolutely the most arrogant doctor I have ever seen. He dismisses your concerns, acts as though no one should question his medical knowledge. Awful experience, doctor & human being

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

I live in Boyle but my family doctor is in Lac La Biche which is 70kms away. You can imagine how inconvenient that is especially in the middle of winter or when I just need a quick prescription refill or have a simple issue I need checked. I have always been able to see Dr.Fourie on short notice and the staff are always pleasant. Prescription refills - no problem, just bring in the old prescription and explain why. I have also struggled with my weight for years and not once has he treated me like lesser of a person because of it. He has been pleasant and professional. Best of all, no long waits, in and out of his office in record time with new prescription in hand.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2018

This Doctor is always rushed, barely listens and recommends physiotherapy for everything...he used to be much more caring and patient.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

Dr Fourie was quick and knowledgeable. Listens and explains thoroughly.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

Excellent doctor Works very hard Listens well Helped me lots

flag | Submitted December 24, 2017

I was seen in the E.R. for an anaphylactic reaction. While the hospital nurses, techs, and assistants were all attentive and good, Jan Fourie's reviews by others are sufficiently negative regarding his manner to cover my experience with him. In addition, as a former medic, I have to question some of his medical decisions.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

this man is an evil human being , my wife broke her hip on a friday evening , she had to go to edmonton, she had to wait in boyle for an ambulance , so the nurse started prepping for a catheter fourie barked at her very rudely that they were to busy , he then proceeded to stand at the nursing doodling and smirking at me( who he dousnt like ) daring me to say something he stood there for 40 minute pronouncing how busy he was and smirking . My wife spent 5 hours laying in the corridor in the U of A in extreme discomfort on a busy friday night all so he could prove he was the boss of me, the nurse later stpped me in town and apologized profusely , like i say he is an evil childish man and breaks the Hippocratic oath daily hurting innocent people to fan his narcissistic personality

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

An investigation by the college of physicians and surgeons is in order. Sounds like the college is sleeping at the switch once again. On more than one occasion, he has caused unnecessary pain and suffering to patients. He obviously came out of an South African apartheid system.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

Dr. Fourie is an arrogant, cocky physician. I have witness him verbally abuse the nurses at the local hospital. He doesn't wait for anyone because "His time is too important." He's a pill pusher; doesn't matter what your blood work shows, he will have you on IV antibiotics regardless. He thinks he's better than everyone else and if you smoke or are a little 'pudgy' he won't give you the time or day. He favors the local "powerful people" in the community and doesn't give the time of day to those who are "beneath him".

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015