Ratings for Dr. Athena C. Mason

Her punctuality is great but I related that to her not spending time or listening to her patients. Very defensive, no eye contact when I was trying to explain my condition which she scoffed and told me "I have patients with that condition, I refer them to..." and listed about 20 doctor referrals. No help whatsoever. I added up the total I would've spent on referrals and it was over my $1,500.00

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

Dr. Mason is very dismissive. I went in on tues evening and was told had the flu(flu test negative).2 weeks later chest pains short of breath and without running any tests she said it was allergies. Brought daughter in with exact same symptoms but saw a better dr who ran blood work X-ray etc,and ended up having bacterial infection. So call next day to see if can call in same meds or run blood work. Nope she has to see me again first...for exact same thing she should've done in the first place. I felt she was very dismissive and just wanted out of there doing the very minimum. Would rather pay e.r. visit than trust her again.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Mason for nearly 10 years. Currently I am experiencing serious medical problems. I have seen Dr. Mason once a week for the last 12 weeks. My last visit Dr. Mason acted as if this was the first time she has seen me! Dr. Mason is not knowledgeable or educated on serious medical issues. For a well visit exam she is fine. Wait time in lobby is excessive. Lab results are unreliable.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

I used Dr. Mason for almost 10 years. I hate changing doctors. She was good at first, but the last couple years, after experiencing more severe health problems, I gave her chance after chance and was continually disappointed. I never felt like she took me seriously or really listened to me. Almost always left feeling like I shouldn't have even gone. Very frustrating. On top of that, I had billing issues and always had to wait longer than expected. Definitely DO NOT recommend. :(

flag | Submitted July 24, 2012

I have been here about 10-12 times, each visit becoming more and more disappointed. I feel very rushed and the nurses are cold and not friendly. I also do not feel she genuinely cares about my health. Looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2012

I love Dr. Mason and her nurses. All I have to do is call them and I get a call back that day. They are a minor emergecy clinic which is very helpful in emergency's. There have been several times that her schedule has been full but she always works us in...My whole family see's her and would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2012

I have referred patients to Dr.Mason and the patients that we have seen from her office have been very pleased. Julie in the office is wonderful and has been a great help. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2012

Best Doctor I have ever had, and I have had many. I am an X marine who has been bounced all over the planet. Most Doc's wont take the time to listen and really evaluate the patient, Doctor Mason does. I have seen her and her colleagues for everything from broken bones, to the flu and a lot of other things I wont mention here. Doctor Mason is the best. I am proud to call her my Doctor. For the whiners who have a hard time getting in and seeing her, guess what, it isnt all about them. The "Family Medicine Clinic" is open after hours and if you are flexible, you can get in there and see your Doctor on about any schedule. To Doctor Mason - Semper Fi

flag | Submitted September 14, 2011

My appointment was at 1:15pm. I was there by 1pm. i was not taken to the back until 2:30pm. The staff was cold. It took almost 1 week to get in contact with the staff for test results. I would not refer this doctor based on her office staff and lack of professionalism on their part.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2010

I have had nothing but trouble with Dr. Mason's office. They have messed up billing charges, Dr. Mason is only there until 3 or 4 so I have to take off work to go in and as a teacher that is not easy. Once I get there I wait for between 1 and 1 1/2 HOURS after my appt. time to see her. Then she refused my birth control prescription without ever notifying me that it was time for a check up and would NOT call in an extra month until I could get in. I am DONE with her and her office. My mother and grandmother also went to her and had the same problems. She told my grandmother that she had had a small heart attack and when my grandmother visited a different doctor she found out that she had in fact NOT had a heart attack at all. I would NOT reccomend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2010

Dr. Athena C. Mason's Credentials

• Oklahoma College Of Osteopathic Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1994)

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan