Ratings for Dr. Eric Bernstein

I have had similar issues as other patients, with refills and it's pretty annoying. I'm considering looking for another Dr. Who wants to go through this every time a refill is needed! Sorry Dr. B.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Staff is always really friendly! And Dr. B is the best! He genuinely cares about the well being of his patients.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

This office is horrible. The doctor is good but the staff makes it terrible. They do not call back, do not do referrals or refills in a timely manner, and overbill. Do not bother with them.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

I have found the experience with this office deplorable! It is impossible to get refills and your calls are not returned. I will never return to this office again!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

We have been patients of Dr. Bernstein's for 7 years, and I am so disappointed in what's happened to his practice, specifically in the last year. It is impossible to get ahold of the office staff. I left messages for his nurse every other day for 3 weeks and no one ever returned my call. It was extremely difficult to get a prescription refilled, and no one ever called with lab results. One time I called to make an appointment, and I was put on hold until the system hung up on me TWICE. Dr. Bernstein is very nice, but the practice has become so awful that we are forced to change doctors. I simply cannot see a physician who is that difficult to contact or even make an appointment with. I hope they see these reviews and make necessary changes.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Dr. Bernstein will NOT accept any insurance obtained via the Affordable Care Act. It's so sad. He put POLITICS ahead of patient care.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

Dr. Bernstein or San Antonio Family has been one of the worst Doctors to my wife and my Sister n Law ever why would that office make them so mad that they break down and cry . Why anyone goes there is beyond me. I will never step foot in there again

flag | Submitted November 14, 2014

Dr. Bernstein is great. Some staff sometimes act as though "getting it right" isn't important. I have had several problems with prescriptions wrong, not sent, etc., because of poor inter-office communications. (messages left but not picked up, and others. There seems to be an unwillingness to go beyond the precise job description to do their jobs. There's little interest in learning anything beyond what they had to know to graduate from whatever school they graduated from. Advertises 24/7 live answering service. Nothing but a recording at their posted number on Sunday morning. Tells me to call 911. Just wanted advice on a medical problem that was rather urgent but not critical. Also, at the same time I tried to leave the question on the patient portal, and the portal will not advance to page 2 so that I can send it.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2012

Dr. Bernstein and staff are more than helpful every time I come in. They are willing to take the time to listen to my concerns and address them. Their in-office services make every appointment convenient for me and my family. I cannot speak highly enough about San Antonio Family Physicians. The services offered are endless and the patient is always their central focus.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2012

Dr. Bernstein and his office staff are superb. He always treats me as an individual, not an appointment. The same is true for my work with his staff. This practice is an outstanding family health care experience.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2012

Dr. Eric Bernstein's Credentials

• University Of Health Sciences/Chicago Medical School (Grad. 1996)