Ratings for Dr. Michael Davies

Doctor Davies was just such a great and kind doctor, that he is actually a tough act to follow by anyone else. It is to bad that he retired. I used to go to him for several years and he would help me with my skin difficulties on my face. He also listened very carefully to any other concerns that you might have. Good doctor and also a great friend.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

Dr. Michael Davies was the best of the best. He literally saved my life twice, when my own GPs missed the symptoms of my physical illnesses. Over the years I found him to always be concerned, and considerate, of anyone's physical and/or mental health issues. We are very sad that he has retired. My family and I believe that his previous staff members from the Safeway strip-mall office, who got fired or laid off, were the ones who caused him to retire early. Some of them were downright rude, crude, and obnoxious, not only to the patients but also to Dr. Davies. I've personally experienced it with my own eyes and ears. His "book keeper" (the woman in charge of service fees) overcharged patients for the most minor forms, and then crapped on Dr. Davies when he tried to give the financially-less-fortunate patients a break on costs. I can't blame him for retiring, just to get away from people like that, however I wish there was another way to keep him on duty. We all miss him very much. I hope Dr. Davies reads this sometime and knows how much he is missed.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2014

Dr.Davies was by far my favorite Doctor in the comox valley. He was always very thorough and helpful, and always explained things. I am sad to see him retire. Now i will have to find another Dr with as much knowledge and compassion as him.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2014

very nice doctor and helpful horrible staff. the girls at the front desk are very rude did not like them at all.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2012

Has empathy, listens, asks questions, takes his time with patient. Very helpful.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2012

Dr Davies is my favorite doctor. He takes the time to explain things so that you understand. He's thorough and really knows his stuff. He correctly diagnosed an extremely rare skin condition and got me on the proper treatment after being misdiagnosed by my GP and other specialists. This guy is good!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2011

This doctor is a very good robot, the industry must be very proud of him. Top notch drug dealer. The days of doctors being healers are long gone, sadly. This man only believes in what has been accepted by some specific cult-ish scientific community and sees everything through that lens, so can't think for himself out of fear of dwelling in the unknown. he says herbalism/chinese medicine/homeopathy are quackery, even though they do fit within science(just not the scientific community). He studied skin for a year in Europe only to tell me I have eczema, which seems like the name they give skin conditions that they don't know what they are. This much is obvious. He seemed to be pretty excited to preach his belief system to me. It felt like he wanted to start an argument, when I told I didn't want to go there with him, he stopped but seemed unsettled. I have compassion for the guy, but feeling disappointed and let down by the medical system. It is tainted by business and drenched in fear.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2011

Dr. Davies doesn't believe in FMS he needs to go back to school and study about the pain and effects it has on you, im pissed with him, hes a jerk and doesn't help at all

flag | Submitted June 18, 2010

I find Dr. Davies to be the best doctor I have seen in the Comox Valley and I have been to a lot since I have lived here for many, many years. He is very kind, knowledgable, shows an interest in you as the patient, explains the proceedure and is prompt to order x-rays, blood work or scans. Excellent doctor, I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2009

By far the Best Doctor I ever had. Worked in The ER for many years and is very knowledgable on many levels. I would recommend him to anybody. I dropped Dr. Brian Bogue at the Courtenay Medical Clinic due to many factors. Read the write up on Dr Bogue and make your own decision. Look at the negatives because I never found anything positive about him except the fact that he always kept it short and got you out of his office as quickly as possible. The biggest thing about Dr. Bogue is he is behind the times he gave me incorrect medical information on many levels which was very disturbing and dangerous. Dr. Michael is exceptional.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2009