Ratings for Dr. Christi Alloway

Dr. Alloway was my therapist at the Outpatient Mental Health Program and she is a fantastic therapist who helped me over a number of years, in individual therapy and also in group therapy. She is very caring and very skilled at what she does. She was dedicated to helping me and her genuine interest and compassion in me meant a lot. Dr. Alloway is top-notch and her knowledge and technical skill as a therapist is 10/10. I also recommend her without any reservation whatsoever.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

Dr. Alloway is an outstanding psychologist and therapist. She helped me in ways that other therapists haven't, helping me to finally come to terms with traumas in my past. I used to believe I was always going to struggling with anxiety and depression, but now I can honestly say my life is better. It was hard work but Dr. Alloway is compassionate and encouraging. Some therapists will just stay quiet and let you spew and vent, but Dr. Alloway is different in a good way. She will interrupt. I was grateful when she would notice and show me how I was avoiding my feelings or shutting down or getting too anxious. She is truthfully the most skilled therapist I have seen, and I can't say enough to recommend her. It's great that she is doing more private practice hours. If you can get an appointment to see her, you will be in competent hands.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

I am very surprised by the last review. This psychologist has been extremely helpful to me. She is incredibly knowledgeable, perceptive, and compassionate. She really knows her 'stuff'. She has helped to give me hope and to work on the deeper stuff that has kept be stuck and depressed. I recommend her without reservation!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Great psychologist who helped me through a difficult time. Had genuine concern for me and took the time to listen. Would recommend her!!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2010

Christi is an exceptional psychologist (PhD, not MD). I've worked with several other mental health providers, and she has helped me the most. She is truly invested in my well-being and it is clear that her knowledge in the field is strong. She balances listening and offering her perspective effectively in her therapy sessions. She does not define her clients with labels or diagnoses, and instead strives to understand her clients in the context of their background etc. She has helped me to develop more insight into my relationships and way of being in the world. Anyone who is assigned to the care of this psychologist is extremely fortunate.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2009

Dr. Christi Alloway's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Christi Alloway is a registered clinical psychologist with more than 15 years of experience, who works from a psychodynamic perspective. Her therapy approach draws from attachment theory and principals of Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy. She takes an active and focused role in therapy to help people gain relief from their symptoms, and understand the cause of their suffering so that they can achieve lasting change and live satisfying and meaningful lives. Curiosity and self-compassion, combined with honest self reflection, are fundamental to her approach to psychotherapy.

• English

• Queen's University (Grad. 2002)

• Anxiety
  • Depression (major depressive disorder)