Ratings for Dr. Jacob Karsh

WORST DOCTOR IN OTTAWA. He is the most incompetent, RACIST and rude man. I came in for a consult and he said, and I quote, “your illness is made up in your head”. He had an assistant in with him and the assistant and I stared at him in shock. He said I was trying to collect disability and that I am okay to do any job and that I should stop pretending my hands “hurt”. I have severe arthritis pains and my hands are starting to deform yet my issues are “made up”. OK.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2018

I wish I had researched this doctor before waiting quite a few months to see him. I have never quite encountered an appointment like this. He barely spoke and I tried to ask him some questions but eventually wrote the appointment off to being a total waste of time. At the end I asked if he would be following me and he replied "it was a consult". He should not get paid for the consult since he did literally nothing. No exam, no questions, vague answers..... He looked as though he didn't feel well. Dr Karsh-time to retire and take a vacation!!! Also, the staff was okay and for the few seconds we interacted I really don't think rating them is relevant. I was there to see a specialist but again my advice is to intervene immediately if your referral gets triaged to him and demand to be sent to a different rheumatologist. Sorry Dr Karsh but I am not happy......|

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

looking at previous ratings it seems Dr. Karsh was a great doctor up to 2015, then no ratings in 2016 and nothing but bad ratings in 2017. Something has happened and perhpaps this doctor should retire. His bedside manner is non existent, helpfulness non existant, and says other doctors not doing what they should be doing. Bottom line is i'm not impressed or feel confident in his care. I think I'll find another doctor ASAP.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

Only ONE word to describe this doctor. TERRIBLE. He was extremely rude, condescending, not helpful AT ALL and didn't answer or address ANY of my questions. I waited almost a year to see a rheumatologist. My appointment with Dr. Karsh was a total waste of time. If you have an upcoming appointment with this 'doctor'... my advice: do yourself a favour and cancel your appointment. It will be a waste of your time. I can't believe our medical system allows such individuals to see patients. What an embarrassment. He has no bedside matters, he is not helpful (at all). He didn't even take the time to examine my affected joints. I would not call this individual a 'specialist'?!?! I left this appointment with absolutely no guidance, no information as to how I should treat my severe progressing arthritis. The only thing he told me: if you have pain, take some over the counter anti-inflammatory pills to control the pain. There was nothing else he could offer me. WHAT?!?!? I'm only in my early 40's and was hoping to find out what my options are to help with my situation, to find out why I'm affected by arthritis at such a young age and what my 'situation/arthritis' might look like down the road (progression, what to expect, etc..). Apart from this arthritis, I'm a healthy, very active person. I received NO information, NO answers, NO guidance to any of my questions I had prepared for this appointment. It was A HUGE disappointment and a TOTAL waste of my time. The other comments posted on this site also attest to how terrible this doctor Karsh is....

Submitted September 5, 2017

After an 8-months wait time to consult a rheumatologist, for severe swollen and disjointed fingers, getting worse every year. I finally got my well-awaited appointment, with Dr. Karsh. What a disaster!!! I have never, ever been treated in such a bad and disrespectful way. It was as if I was disturbing his day to got in for a consultation. He was rude, incompetent and simply useless. He spent less than 2 minutes with me in the consultation room, did not even look at my fingers, simply said that there is nothing he can do for me, have osteorthrisis and I should go home and take anti- inflammatory and just deal with it. No advice, no guidance, no protocol, nothing. He barely spoke, just looked at me with nothing to offer. OMG, what a joke for a medical consultation. It's a real disgrace to be treating patient like this. . This doctor appears simply frustrated to be working and he should not be practicing medicine and meeting patients. Dr. Karsh is absolutely awful and a total waste of time.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2017

I requested to be transferred to another rheumatologist after a few years with Dr. Karsh. I was not impressed, he was not at all helpful. I was helped much more by my previous rheumatologist in my old city who was much less dismissive and defensive when questioned.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Found this doctor less than helpful. Waited six months for an appointment. No further tests were suggested by him. Just said to continue with my family doctor. A total waste of time!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Nice man. Easy to talk to. My situation is stable and not complicated.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

I cannot evaluate his skill and knowledge, hopefully it is good because his bedside manner is not so good. Condescending and seemed to perceive my questions to clarify my condition as questioning his knowledge? hmm after all these years why so insecure, or just maybe tired of people. In any event made me feel terrible just for trying to understand my disease, which although may not be that serious in his estimate, is serious to me.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2015

I have no doubt that Dr Karsh is an excellent researcher and, in all likelihood, a good physician... but unfortunately, he has not been able to help me much. I suppose that in the realm of rheumatology - things are not always straightforward.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015